PDA

View Full Version : TX4WD Statewide Meet discussion...

RubiconAg
11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
The last two TX4WD Statewide Meets have been hosted at BVORR by the B/CS Chapter. We were discussing this at our last meeting and wanted to put this out there for all to discuss. We always informally intended this to be something that was open to any chapter hosting, not just the B/CS Chapter.

So, with that said, would any other chapter like to host the next one? BVORR has a big event coming up in March, so that month is pretty much out, but we could work out the timing once a chapter has decided to do it.

One request we have, is that it remain a very inexpensive event for members to attend. That was always the goal of the B/CS chapter, so we could encourage a large attendance. To that goal, BVORR will work with the hosting TX4WD chapter on fees, etc. If you want to know what arrangement B/CS had with BVORR, have chapter leadership PM me and I'll discuss it with them.

BagBat
11-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Great idea!!!!

SGT. K
11-18-2012, 07:22 PM
I think you guys should continue to host it, Its been your baby for a while and your located in the middle of the state. I see no need to change it. Just come up with some dates so we make sure it doesn't conflict with anything else. BVORR will be the cheapest place to have it. If you need help with raffle items, food etc, just let everybody know what is needed. We can pitch in from that stand point.

UstabeaRenegade
11-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Honestly its the best place for it, if you can pick a date im sure we can get more than just a few chapters to help you out.

RubiconAg
11-23-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't deny that BVORR is the best place to hold it, due to location, size and price. Its just that the B/CS Chapter was hoping another chapter would like to step up to host it.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

BagBat
12-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Ill talk about this at the Tomball/Conroe chapter and put bug in Brian's ear for Katy discussion.

RubiconAg
12-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Regardless of which chapter hosts it, we need to start working on a date.

In order to do that, I need to know when all the conflicting events are, particularly all the WFTW events and MegaRun. Can someone post those dates to this thread? Also, March is out because BVORR has a racing series planning to hold an event there.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

Agitator
12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I will gladly help! If we can set up a special rate @ Hidden Falls, or Gilmer....BVORR is close and does offer a reasonable price. Katy chapter can help with anything you need. I would like to set up some more vehicle recovery courses no matter where we go.

BagBat
12-04-2012, 11:50 AM
MegaRun
March 1-3
http://www.dfw-tx4wd.org/MEGARUN/MR.aspx

squeaky
12-05-2012, 06:54 PM
MegaRun
March 1-3
http://www.dfw-tx4wd.org/MEGARUN/MR.aspx

And we are hoping to have registration and more details very soon. We are trying to tie up one major loose end that could impact details and pricing.

BagBat
12-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I talked with Brian @ the Katy chapter coordinating raffle donations for the state event....Im pretty sure it's a done deal!
Now, if we can get another chapter(s) to coordinate the meal...another-trophies/awards....and the B/CS chapter to have BVORR venue ready.....
Im hope we get EVERY chapter to participate!!

Something worth working towards!!!

RubiconAg
01-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Bump...

Mega Run is in March.
WFTW is in May.

Any other input?

So far that leaves April or pushing to the Fall. I don't want to do it in the heat of the Summer.

SGT. K
01-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Ok guys and gals we have April or sept-nov time frames. so post up your conflicting dates now so we can get a date set. Thanks

PondSkum
01-10-2013, 11:46 PM
working on a fun run to Hot Springs in April.. so that's no good for me...

05X4X4
01-11-2013, 04:32 AM
As late as this is getting planed for the spring time, we should do it the fall so things don't have to be rushed together. As long as it doesn't get forgot on the back burner, and left to the last weekend.

Just my 2cents

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

BagBat
01-14-2013, 07:58 PM
We have the Katy Chapter working on the raffle items - am hoping to get the Tomball/Conroe chapter working on the meal plan for Saturday night.... WHEN?
And, are we still going with a multi chapter coordinated effort to put on this event?

B/CS host the venue (get the park ready - have people to cover entry etc, drivers meeting, trail leads etc)
Katy - raffle items
T/C - Saturday meal planning

Any other chapter willing to pitch in?

JD01
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I vote HIDDEN FALLS or GILMAR

05X4X4
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the location will stay at BVORR, seeing as its in Bryan and B/CS chapter is hosting it meet, it would only make since.

Admntiumx
01-14-2013, 09:51 PM
San Antonio will pitch in.

Sent from my IPhone 5

05X4X4
01-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Being that the state meet will be Saturday and Sunday, is T/C doing all meals or just Saturday?

RubiconAg
01-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Sorry, but I have been out of town a while... Here's my input.

Location: I strongly suggest keeping this at BVORR. We have made it a point to make this an inexpensive meet to encourage attendance, and I plan to keep it that way. There is no other park we can have a private weekend meet for $10/person. If you want to have a meet at Gilmer or Hidden Falls, feel free to do that, but not as the Statewide Meet.

Meals: The entry fee includes 1 meal, that is Saturday evening. We have done burgers/sausages in the past. Attendees are on their own for other meals.

Prizes: We have always made it a point to identify these as Door Prizes, not raffle items, due to the legal issues of raffles that we didn't want to get involved in. Also, we are not trying to make money off these items, as each attendee will have ONE chance to win with their paid entry fee, and no option to buy more. We get as many prizes donated as possible, and offer advertising to the vendors who donate them. Last year, the B/CS Chapter voted to use some of it's own money to buy more Door Prizes so more attendees could win.

Joint effort hosting: I certainly don't want to discourage this, but I'm not certain how well it will work out. In the past, it has been kept very simple and the B/CS Chapter was easily able to cover it's costs with our portion of the entry fees. I don't know what the current financial condition is of the other chapters, or how much they plan to spend on their involvement, but I don't want this to be a money-losing endeavor for any chapter or individual.

05X4X4
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
I'd vote that B/CS be the lone host, and other chapters pitch in for other portions.

BagBat
01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Sounds like I'm on the wrong page - I thought you reached out for other chapters to host which didn't get much response - so getting chapters to committ to specifics, I thought that was the plan.

Please give me a call to get it straightened out!
Sorry if I have caused confusion!

281-642-2907

Sorry, but I have been out of town a while... Here's my input.

Location: I strongly suggest keeping this at BVORR. We have made it a point to make this an inexpensive meet to encourage attendance, and I plan to keep it that way. There is no other park we can have a private weekend meet for $10/person. If you want to have a meet at Gilmer or Hidden Falls, feel free to do that, but not as the Statewide Meet.

Meals: The entry fee includes 1 meal, that is Saturday evening. We have done burgers/sausages in the past. Attendees are on their own for other meals.

Prizes: We have always made it a point to identify these as Door Prizes, not raffle items, due to the legal issues of raffles that we didn't want to get involved in. Also, we are not trying to make money off these items, as each attendee will have ONE chance to win with their paid entry fee, and no option to buy more. We get as many prizes donated as possible, and offer advertising to the vendors who donate them. Last year, the B/CS Chapter voted to use some of it's own money to buy more Door Prizes so more attendees could win.

Joint effort hosting: I certainly don't want to discourage this, but I'm not certain how well it will work out. In the past, it has been kept very simple and the B/CS Chapter was easily able to cover it's costs with our portion of the entry fees. I don't know what the current financial condition is of the other chapters, or how much they plan to spend on their involvement, but I don't want this to be a money-losing endeavor for any chapter or individual.

SGT. K
01-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Well while were getting that straightned out, I haven't heard anybody throw out a particular month or date to have the meet, so lets at least get that part going.

Mudhog1977
01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Like to know a date too so I can have plenty of time to rework my work schedule, can we pay in advance?

- - - Updated - - -

Like to know a date too so I can have plenty of time to rework my work schedule, can we pay in advance?

EastTxRedneck
01-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Richard, I'm gonna talk to my snapon guy tomorrow and also to my new gm at work about sponsoring like last year. I'll update you as soon as I know something.

05X4X4
01-15-2013, 07:51 PM
BagBat- Richard did post originally for another chapter to host, but what I think he's saying now is that it's would be easier for one chapter to host everything and coordinate jobs to others. Rather than having too many chiefs and not enough Indians... That's the way I'm understanding what's going on, but obviously Richard would need to step in and straight everything out.

RubiconAg
01-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Sorry, folks, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful or ruffle any feathers. Maybe I am a little protective of this event, not so much the coordinating, planning and hosting, but mainly the spirit of the event, to promote TX4WD by providing an inexpensive event that encourages attendance by as many members as possible.

If Katy wants to work on some door prizes, that's great. We do have some B/CS businesses that have supported us in the past that I would like to reach out to again for more door prizes as well.

If T/C, or anyone else, wants to handle the meal, that's great. Let me know what support you need to pull it off. I can hopefully get at least $100 from HEB again to go toward supplies for the meal, maybe more if I get with them early enough.

B/CS will certainly work with BVORR to prepare the park for the event. The recovery clinics seem to have been successful, so we would setup for that again. If Sarge wants to run those, that's great, if not, we can handle those.

Now, for a date. It's obvious we can't make this a Spring event at this late date. So, I'm looking at the Fall. A&M Football is in town every weekend in September, plus mid-October through almost mid-November, making it impossible to find a hotel for any who want one. Texas Red's was the second weekend of October, so I'm guessing it will be the same this year. That pretty much leaves the first weekend in October... So, how does October 5-6th sound to everyone?

And remember, this event only costs $10/adult (ages 16+), which includes a meal on Saturday evening and ONE door prize ticket for prizes to be drawn during the meal.

EastTxRedneck
01-15-2013, 10:27 PM
That sounds good to me, give me time to get my rig ready and hopefully not have a repeat of last year

BagBat
01-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Thanx for the clarification!
I agree, B/C is host, the rest if us are just pitching in to help! (That's my aim any how...only one chief...LOL)

Ill bring this to the table at the T/C meeting this week. We've been having pretty low participation from the chapter of late-likely because of deer season...but, ill confirm if there is commitment from the chapter (to coordinate the meal-cooks etc) and let you know.

BagBat
01-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Oh...and I TOTALLY AGREE with keeping it low cost...NOT a money making/ fund raising event !!!!

05X4X4
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Date sounds good!

JD01
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm out that's the opening weekend of bow season

RubiconAg
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm out that's the opening weekend of bow season

I hunt anytime I have the chance, and know sometimes the preparations take more time than the hunting, so I'm not sure this will help...

But, I overlooked that the weekend of Sept. 28-29 is also free of Aggie Football. Would that weekend work better?

05X4X4
01-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Sep. 29 is my birthday so... that works too! Lol

SGT. K
01-17-2013, 06:23 PM
27th of Sept. is my b-day too!, If we can do it last weekend of Sept it doesn't enter fear with football or deer season, I say Sept. 28-29. Lets get a poll up and running so we can get the date hammered out. Richard I will send you and T a pm on what I have in mind for Katy's contribution. Oh, I will also be willing to host the recovery clinic again. I was suprized that we got so much response the last time so I will step up my game a bit for the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

27th od Sept. is my b-day too!, If we can do it last weekend of Sept it doesnt enter fear with football or deer seseon, I say Sept. 28-29. Lets get a poll up and running so we can get the date hammered out. Richard I will send you and T a pm on what I have in mind for Katy's contribution. Oh, I will also be willing to host the recovery clinic again. I was suprised that we got so much response the last time so I will step up my game a bit for the next one.

SGT. K
01-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Richard and Theresa I sent you a pm, please confirm you received it. Thanks

BagBat
01-17-2013, 07:43 PM
I got one from richard but not you Sarg.

XJ4IV
01-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Im down for this event, I would like to get involved but being our chapter is BRAND STINKIN NEW... we don't have any funding available yet.
What can I do to help this event?
and MY RIG BETTER BE DONE BY THEN !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds good to me, give me time to get my rig ready and hopefully not have a repeat of last year

FREAKIN DITTO FOR ME!!!!!

EastTxRedneck
01-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Xj41v, what happened to yours last time

XJ4IV
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
list of things... power steering leak cooling fans went south overheating, bumped a rock to hard and broke the bolts holding my gear box on... took 4 hours of winching to get it off the trail and onto my trailer, ruined my trailer trying to get out of the back of the park ... oh and my WARN gave out but at least that waited till my jeep was mostly on the trailer!

EastTxRedneck
01-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Damn

05X4X4
01-21-2013, 03:21 AM
Man! You sure you really wanna come back. Lol, glad to see it didn't kill the spirit, I'm sure it's killing the wallet though, with all those repairs.

craniumboy
01-21-2013, 08:07 AM
I think end of September should work great. Looking forward to meeting the rest of the group!

05X4X4
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
^^^ I can't wait to finally meet the rest of the group, either!

SGT. K
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Ok are we set on the date or what? I looked over at the BCS discussion and sep 28-29 seems to be a go, can some one please verify so we can get moving on some other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Does any one know how many people attended the last state wide meet or at least a approximate number?

RubiconAg
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes. Sept 28-29 has been chosen and BVORR is booked. I think we had about 75 at the first meet and closer to 50 for the second one. But remember the second one was only 1 day and limited trail access because of the heavy rains we had just before.

I'll start a new 'official' thread later tonight.

SGT. K
01-28-2013, 06:08 PM
thanks RubiconAg