PDA

View Full Version : Hill Country Offroad Recovery officially underway!!!

XJ4IV
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
I have been meandering the thought of having a recovery business for Hidden Falls Adventure Park and after talking with some representatives I have been able to make a final decision to go forward and start business Officially !
the Name of the company is Simple "Hill Country Offroad Recovery" I am in the process of setting up a paypal account and can accept money as well as ANY lovely donations!!!
like me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hill-Country-Offroad-Recovery/537744396248953
just a quick run through of my services ...
parts delivery to the park is cost of part plus 30$ fuel fee

parts delivery to break down site is parts cost plus fuel fee 30$ and entry fee of 30$
(fuel fee will be waived for all Texas4wd.org members and Texas Jeeps members for break down site delivery)

recovery services are at a rate of 25$ per hour charged on the 1/4 hours with a minimum of 1 hour charge

I will offer some mechanical services as well

and for a fee agreed upon I can deliver a broken down vehicle within 50 miles of Hidden Falls Adventure Park.

This might sound a little steep but if youve EVER been out there and been stuck youd do just about anything to get off the trail fast and safe!
at the present moment I am still finishing up the ole XJ so services cannot start until March 1st
thanks again for your support!
Scott Ivey

Camo Queen
02-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Awesome! Good luck with your new business adventure!

RubiconAg
02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Sounds like a great service... I assume the park has an annual pass you could buy that would probably pay for itself after 3-4 trips in?

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

XJ4IV
02-19-2013, 03:20 PM
yes they do have a yearly pas at 300 a pop so more than 3-4 seeing as its only 27$ for me to get in! but yes once I get to where I have an annual pass I will remove the entry fees!

RubiconAg
02-19-2013, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't remove the entry fee... after 10 trips, that's free money.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

05X4X4
02-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Free money is good, because that'll go towards your own breakdowns.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Dezurfer
02-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Hate to be a buster but in SoCal your are breaking the biggest off road code there is.

I'd leave my rig sitting & call someone from Pirate4x4 to send the SOS out 1st before I called a wrecker. I cant count the number of people I have helped on the mountain or in Baja refusing to take any money. Just part of the offroad code between brothers of the same love for offroading & keeping trails open. What you do to help a fellow wheeler comes back in KARMA.

I have even invited some into my house in Baja to stay the night until we got them fixed or safe. Or even the strangers that have posted on Pirate4x4 they have a friend stuck at so & so. Once we drove out an hour from my house & spent all night flipping a guy back over & pulling back up the hill 50 yards. The guy paid for our gas & a burger on the way back.

& I haven't been out there yet but if the park charged someone bringing me a part. This webmaster would have a field day running the good name of that park into the ground. Dont mess with a webmaster.

"Let the drama insue"

XJ4IV
02-21-2013, 11:34 PM
as for the entry fee... I will lower it to like 15 bucks or so but as for the recovery assistance... this is tuned towards helping to folks out who get in over there head... or the folks who have more money than sense which out in MY area is VERY abundant! I don't mind helping folks out but Im not spending my whole days that I PAID for to unstick a stranger... if Im wheelin with a group and one of us gets stuck then I help them for free... even if I never met them... but not in my crew or group... im came for memories and good times with my friends and a recovery with friends is still better than a day at the office!
something else you have to understand is im not totally bending them over like a highway wrecker does... NONE of my fees had 3 digits...

- - - Updated - - -

also... the other thing out here is there are a few clubs of total jerks out there...(I ran into them last time I was stranded) who will steal stuff off your rig while your on foot also at this specific park if your out wheeling after hours... you get fined.. LOTS of money!...
Deep down if you came up on me and I needed a part... would you cancel the next three hours of your PAID FOR day to run to the store and get it for me just cause... I doubt it!

05X4X4
02-22-2013, 03:47 AM
My opinion: you don't have to explain yourself to anyone on this forum, if they don't like what your doing... They don't have to click on this post. You can almost guarantee that unless its your real good buddy, most people arnt going to catch a fine of spend their day that they spent money on helping a total stranger, that's pretty much a cold hard fact.

Bottom line, do what you feel you have to, to put food on the table. good luck with it, I hope it works out for you.

Mudhog1977
02-22-2013, 07:59 AM
i agree 05x4x4 thats a really good price a tow truck costs at least 65 dollars to show up to tow you when on the side of the road, i had to have my kenworth towed in cost $600 that was only a 9 mile tow, can't really say anything bout charging people cause it does cost him to get into the park, and gas/diesel isn't cheap, plus your asking him to take time from his family or job, in my opinion you should wheel with another rig and then u would only need to call him in a really sticky situation for recovery

XJ4IV
02-22-2013, 11:06 AM
thank you folks for the strong backing there have been times when just ONE winch isnt gonna cut it too! ive been in a situation where I would have called and paid good money to have a helping hand

PondSkum
02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
I think it's a great idea. Yeah, we all would help out if we are wheeling, and a friend breaks down. Also stop to make sure other folks are safe or whatever, but there are those times when this type of service is needed. I know a guy that does it in the ATV/UTV scene.. he rigged up a Polaris Ranger with a tow bar and heavy duty suspension and winches, etc, and he gets people unstuck/tows them back to their trucks and even does field repairs, for a fee...

https://www.facebook.com/dirtyhookeratv

http://www.tx4wd.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1172&d=1361565910

05X4X4
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I think it's a great idea. Yeah, we all would help out if we are wheeling, and a friend breaks down. Also stop to make sure other folks are safe or whatever, but there are those times when this type of service is needed. I know a guy that does it in the ATV/UTV scene.. he rigged up a Polaris Ranger with a tow bar and heavy duty suspension and winches, etc, and he gets people unstuck/tows them back to their trucks and even does field repairs, for a fee...

https://www.facebook.com/dirtyhookeratv

That's a sweet ass tow... Rig

jgpage2
02-22-2013, 05:35 PM
awsome man hope it works out well:rockin

SGT. K
02-22-2013, 06:32 PM
You got my Blessing BRO! You don't have to explain yourself, set your fees and run with it!

- - - Updated - - -

See thats what happens when people from California move to Texas, why cant you just visit then go back home! LMAO :poke

Dezurfer
02-22-2013, 10:35 PM
All good we just dont do this in the off road Capitol of the World. But, then again we don't pay to crawl our parks either.
We pay for a year $60 pass for the entire state.

PondSkum
02-23-2013, 09:52 AM
All good we just dont do this in the off road Capitol of the World. But, then again we don't pay to crawl our parks either.
We pay for a year $60 pass for the entire state.

That would be nice...

It's a whole new world over here man...

XJ4IV
02-23-2013, 10:48 AM
thanks everyone for the support! I oughta be finished with my jeep either this weekend or next!!!! I know BLASPHEMY "finished" and "Jeep" can ONLY go together with the word NEVER!
BTW I totally dig that guys polaris... good tips from his rig!

Mudhog1977
02-23-2013, 07:59 PM
i pulled my friends cherokee off te rubicon trail in hot springs yesterday and it was a long 3 hours of pulling and winching, some help would have been nice, some jeeps were behind us and they shortly turned around and didnt even offer to help gave my lil bronco and my winch one hell of a workout

texasfrog
02-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Free money? It was not hard for me to trash a winch motor on one recovery,rebuilt they were a $110. Set aside the wear and tear on ujoints,gears,lockers and tranmissions. I think he is to cheap,but that is his choose. Hope he does well.

SGT. K
02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Time for new friends should of used their winch lol

Mudhog1977
02-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Time for new friends should of used their winch lol

naw it was payback for me they've pulled me out a few times lol they are the ones who got me hooked on the trails i used to mud..... they winched off of my bumper then they ran outta trans fluid and hd to kill it, they busted the front output on the transfer case i winched till i got traction, pulled them until i started losing traction, then winched some more, i think my wife is an expert at dragging winch cable i couldn't get out the truck cause i had to hold the brake, but my wife and my friend drug cable the whole time i just watched and operated the remote

XJ4IV
02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
well I already have ONE cool item in my arsenal of recovery toys!!!.. Remote wireless winch controller

indirocz28
02-28-2013, 01:20 PM
You may want to build the cherokee to be dedicated too, just in case you have to pull something bigger.. Just a thought. I know I had a TJ Rubi that was trying to winch one of my cherokees up a hill and I was pulling the TJ.

Mudhog1977
02-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Lack of weight hurt me a lot this weekend

XJ4IV
02-28-2013, 09:06 PM
yeah I will stick to 6 cylinders and below, what I can offer is for the person to send me a picture of the situation and I can then determine whether its over my head or not.
Ive seen situations where a jeep could pull out a K5 Blazer but then Ive also seen times where a jeep couldnt pull out another jeep... but yeah I am looking at getting a XRC12
for the front and move my warn M8000 to the back

Mudhog1977
02-28-2013, 11:12 PM
I'll have to go on a run with you so I don't have to call.....then you can pull me out for free lol

05X4X4
03-01-2013, 06:42 AM
yeah I will stick to 6 cylinders and below, what I can offer is for the person to send me a picture of the situation and I can then determine whether its over my head or not.
Ive seen situations where a jeep could pull out a K5 Blazer but then Ive also seen times where a jeep couldnt pull out another jeep... but yeah I am looking at getting a XRC12
for the front and move my warn M8000 to the back

Grab you a snatch block and turn that 12k into a 24k if needed and just anchor yourself off to a tree. You should be able to pull most anything with antsiest rig.

Mudhog1977
03-01-2013, 01:11 PM
I've got the x20 8000 and it was well worth the extra it cost just for the magnet that's on the controller, really comes in handy

XJ4IV
03-01-2013, 11:05 PM
I liquid nailed a magnet to my remote and another to my overhead console so Im good shape too! and as for a run with me... lets GO!!! I got my last parts in today so tomorrow will be a wrenching party of the year for me!

PondSkum
03-02-2013, 02:36 PM
I liquid nailed a magnet to my remote and another to my overhead console so Im good shape too! and as for a run with me... lets GO!!! I got my last parts in today so tomorrow will be a wrenching party of the year for me!

what's the magnet for? is it just so you can stick it to the rig and not drop it in mud or whatever?

Mudhog1977
03-02-2013, 08:05 PM
pretty much jason it comes in handy when your pullin cable or if your off camber trying to open your door and get in and it takes both hands to get in and yes even in the mud lol

- - - Updated - - -

might be a few months just got back from hot springs i wanna put my full width axles in before i go it got a lil tippy at superlift

XJ4IV
03-02-2013, 10:02 PM
the magnet is just all around handy, you can attach to your belt buckle while doing line handling or yes just drop it on the hood and snap it sticks rather than falling all over the place.and the overhead console when Im not using it I just toss it up and it snaps into place low profile and out of the way... and I can use it up there if Im in a situation where I can winch from inside teh jeep!