PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!!!

fireman88
07-29-2013, 08:17 PM
I just installed my 4in lift kit on my jeep grand Cherokee. Now I have death wobble and I don't know what to do has anyone did a lift on there wj... I know a few people have in Katy, if anyone knows who I'm talking about can u please have them message me

indirocz28
07-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Ummmm... check for worn steering parts, bad stabilizer, ball-joints in knuckles, etc.

PondSkum
07-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Need to inspect all of your steering components really well, especially the track bar. And you need to get an alignment if you haven't already. When lifting a vehicle, it changes the steering geometry which can cause that too..

fireman88
07-30-2013, 07:08 AM
I've checked everything I can see a little movement in the Trac bar bushing and that it. I had a second mechanic redo my alignment and check all the bolts like just double check for tightness

rkik
07-30-2013, 08:21 AM
What lift did you install? Did it come with adjustable control arms? Do you have your current alignment values? What is your caster angle?

PondSkum
07-30-2013, 08:57 AM
You shouldn't have any movement in the track bar bushing. make sure the hole is not oversized for the bolt. Also did you install an adjustable track bar?

UstabeaRenegade
07-30-2013, 09:46 AM
I have done a few - the front is the same as a TJ - Have you had it aligned since the lift?

fireman88
07-30-2013, 11:15 AM
I did a 4in rough country lift, it came with new lower control arms, a Trac bar relocation mount, shocks and of course 4 in springs, on the rear it comes with an uppercontrol arm drop bracket, springs and shocks with shock relocaters also it comes with transfer case spacers. I didn't install an adjustable Trac bar, and yes I did an alignment

Bar M Offroad
07-30-2013, 11:59 AM
I did a 4" Pro Comp lift on a buddy's TJ a while ago and he immediately had death wobble. The problem turned out to be the bushing sleeve inside the track bar bushing where it connected to the frame. The bushing sleeve provided in the kit was too large (ID), so there was slack on that bolt. It was hard to find becuase the bolt was tight enough to not allow the track bar to slop around by just pushing the side of the Jeep, but when going down the road, it did. Might want to pull you track bar off and check to see how tight that bolt is in the bushing sleeve. Almost all of the death wobble problems I've heard of are related to the track bar having slack, or bad bushings.

indirocz28
07-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Track bar movement = wobble!!

UstabeaRenegade
07-31-2013, 07:29 AM
I did a 4in rough country lift, it came with new lower control arms, a Trac bar relocation mount, shocks and of course 4 in springs, on the rear it comes with an uppercontrol arm drop bracket, springs and shocks with shock relocaters also it comes with transfer case spacers. I didn't install an adjustable Trac bar, and yes I did an alignment

Thats the very same one that I have installed - re-check everything and torque it down. Also check the bushings on the trac bar itself - the adjustable isnt necessary due to the relocation brackets.

rkik
07-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Losing caster angle after a lift helps amplify the issue even with what appears as insignificant play. To fix this on two of my friends jeeps we drilled out the axle side track bar bracket and reamed the bushing sleeve to fit the next size up grade 8 bolt with zero play. Bigger bolt also allowed for more torque.

fireman88
07-31-2013, 03:33 PM
I think I figured it out... I think its my upper control arm bushings the whole control arm can move side to side