PDA

View Full Version : Barnwell Mountain Father's Day Trip

m1009krawler
05-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Hello all! I am putting together a run for father's day weekend to Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area. Anyone is welcome to join us! We like to hit the hard trails, but if we get enough people there will be plenty to split into groups for the appropriate difficulty level :drive

If you have never been to BMRA here is a link to their website http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/.

We are staying in the bunkhouses, hurry up and reserve one for some AC in the night. Additionally, there are plenty of primitive camping spots and hotels in the area as well as two cabins in the park that sleep 5+.

Our Plan:
Friday - leave the Tomball/ Spring area 8am, arrive in Barnwell about noon and wheel for half the day. Generally we take is easy this day so not to break anything...
Saturday - Wake up and eat, hit the trails and wheel until lunch. Break for a while then hit the trails again. This is the afternoon we tend to push the limits.
Sunday - If we aren't broken maybe some early morning trail rides, one last attempt at that pesky hill... Then pack up and head home.

If you are interested shoot me a message, reply on this thread, or give me a call 9362038680 :banana

Hope to see you on the trails!
Alex

Rippin Lipz
05-13-2014, 10:42 AM
We are in! Just reserved a cabin.

05X4X4
05-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Sounds promising, might made a day trip.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Dro-ster (JPClark)
05-13-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm thinking I can leave after work Friday, get a hotel there, wheel Saturday, then return Sunday morning... In time for some time with dad Sunday afternoon/evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

m1009krawler
05-14-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm thinking I can leave after work Friday, get a hotel there, wheel Saturday, then return Sunday morning... In time for some time with dad Sunday afternoon/evening.

Sounds promising, might made a day trip.

We are in! Just reserved a cabin.

Wahoo! looks like a good group getting together!

As the date gets closer I will let everyone know what time to meet Friday evening/ Saturday Morning. The pavillion is always a great place, cant miss it.

My number is above, give me a call if you have any questions.

See you on the trails!
Alex

Dro-ster (JPClark)
05-14-2014, 09:55 AM
I just reserved the large cabin for Friday and Saturday. :)

m1009krawler
05-21-2014, 08:25 AM
For all those who are coming or plan to attend there is an Event Page set up on facebook as well. Please PM me if you would like to join. Of course that is if you are not already there ;)

Additionally I will have a grill going to cook food near the Bunkhouses/ Pavillion area. Bring your own food to grill I will have all the supplies needed.

See you all on the trails!
Alex

BagBat
05-22-2014, 05:50 AM
I'll be in Kansas City with Paul.....y'all be safe & have fun

m1009krawler
06-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Barnwell this weekend! Wahoo! time to play in the red dirt! :rev

05X4X4
06-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Wish we could make this trip, we love Barnwell!

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Rippin Lipz
06-10-2014, 08:53 PM
We are excited for this trip! Who's all going and what are you wheeling?

2012 JKU

Dro-ster (JPClark)
06-11-2014, 06:03 AM
2013 4Runner

m1009krawler
06-11-2014, 06:57 AM
I am bringing my 84 m1009 (though I dont know if I can really call it that anymore...) Ive got a couple of non club peeps coming with me, their rigs include:

84 toyota truck
bronco buggy crawler rig (at least I think it was a Bronco...)
07 JK
another JK dont know what year
and one of those arctic cat wild cat sxs's

Its going to be a blast! Plenty of rigs to pound on :)