PDA

View Full Version : Holster for a Glock 17/19

93yotaSAS
05-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Hey yall, I'm looking at getting a Glock 17 or 19 here pretty soon and am trying to find an affordable holster to go with it. If anyone has a spare that they would be willing to part with, please let me know. Thanks yall.

SGT. K
05-06-2012, 04:02 PM
spend the money for a quality holster the last thing you want is to draw your Glock and have the holster come with it or for it fall out of your holster or a poorly fitted holster that you wont wear. You just spent $500-600 on a pistol whats another $60-100 for a quality holster. While your at spend $60 on a actual belt made for carrying a pistol there is a huge difference in the average belt and a belt made for carrying a side arm.

Admntiumx
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
I can attest to this! It makes a world of difference!

93yotaSAS
05-06-2012, 11:18 PM
spend the money for a quality holster
I was thinking about getting one of these comp-tac paddle holsters.

Comp-tac Paddle Holster
$57.50
Additional cost depends on options selected
Worn on the hip (3 o'clock position)
Rides close to the body
Easy on/off
Very fast draw stroke
IDPA/USPSA Legal

"The Paddle Holster is our number one best selling outside the waistband (OWB) holster and is used for both concealment and competition. In fact, it is the most popular holster in IDPA and has been used by several national IDPA champions. Our Paddle Holster is the closest (to the body) riding holster available on the market. The paddle backing allows limitless positioning on the waistbasnd without interference from belt loops. "

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=53

Admntiumx
05-07-2012, 06:30 AM
I live by my Blackhawk holster for my Glock 27. Heres the link:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Sportster-SERPA-Holster,1146,1410.htm

and its cheaper! I got mine at Academy.

93yotaSAS
05-07-2012, 12:14 PM
the blackhawks look good for sure, but what if i want to mount a light? what do yall think about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Gun-EM19-Fobus-Tactical-Paddle-Holster-Glock-19-23-25-Smith-Wesson-99-M-P-/190662565016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c645fdc98#ht_2234wt_1037

SGT. K
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
blackhawk makes a holster that will hold the light attached to the pistol similair to the one adam posted up but you have to buy there light for it to fit the holster and it would be less likely to be switched on by accident versus the holster you posted up. TO each his own just glad we got you thinking about it! You can always have one custom made to your liking to full fill all your needs, but you would be looking at a leather holster, and there is nothing wrong with that.

SGT. K
05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
seems like the thumb break would get in the way but I have not used that type of holster so I can not speak from experience.

Admntiumx
05-13-2012, 12:17 PM
blackhawk makes a holster that will hold the light attached to the pistol similair to the one adam posted up but you have to buy there light for it to fit the holster and it would be less likely to be switched on by accident versus the holster you posted up. TO each his own just glad we got you thinking about it! You can always have one custom made to your liking to full fill all your needs, but you would be looking at a leather holster, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Yes blackhawk does make it with the recess for a tactical lighting option. I had that for my Glock 23 in the desert and I was just as happy with it as I am with the one I own now. Unfortunately the 27 does not have a lighting rail so I switched.