PDA

View Full Version : Magic Jack

crazydave
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Has anybody used the magic jack? I still have a home phone (8 scattered though the house including the garge) and even though I had my payments lowered I figured I save about $420 more a year but I don't anybody who used the Magic jack . I had use the home phone to find my cell phone. Your opinions?

PondSkum
06-21-2012, 06:01 PM
My mom used it and I believe my grandparents are using it as their main line now.. I'm not sure how they like it, but I know every time I've called them so far it's worked.. LOL

Stouttrout
06-22-2012, 09:36 AM
I tried it. The one you had to plug into the computer. I hated it. TONS of spam. If you do not have to do that, it might be okay.

How does 911 work with it?

crazydave
06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
911 point, I guess you will have to give the address like a cell phone would have to. But I also been warned of storms by reverse 911 calls that say seek shelter by the city I live in. After research though it seems the reviews were not to good. It is a tough choice to let the land line go but soon it may happen. there have been times I no cell service or it was overloaded and I could not connect with noone on the cell but the landline did. I lowered the price once on the land line maybe i can do it again