PDA

View Full Version : Ham Radio Discussion with Tech License Q&A Plus a Powerpoint

TacoTank
07-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Anyone want to come by the house and learn some basics about HAM Radio?

I'll be going through the powerpoint training presentation and go through the questions on the Technician license (first level)?

I'll be putting it on the big screen, so it shouldnt be too bad to watch the slide show. I'll discuss the slides, and we can note the items
that we want to discuss further. If I can't answer, we can google it.

I'm voting for either 8:00am or 10:00am till whenever. I can make eggs n bacon for breakfast tacos if we go early or get some sandwich/hot dog or burger stuff if we go late.Shoot if everyone lasts long enough, we can do both.

Edit: We will start at 9:00am And figure out lunch. Pizza, Chinese etc.

I have no plans saturday, so I'll go as long as needed.

Reply to the event so we can drum up interest, and I will PM directions to repliers.

I'm basically the south part of Cy-Fair and Just East of Katy. From Houston take I-10 West or 290 West to HWY6 (few exits past Sam Houston Tollway)

Important notes:
1. We Will NOT Be Testing at my house.
2. I am studying for my test too, so I am sharing resources and my head start.
3. I can help anyone plan for a test. We can look up the schedule to find locations that fit everyones needs.
4. The volunteers that give the exams usually charge $15 for the test and $10-$15 for a ham cram.
5. A ham cram is only memorizing the answers. This session is going to have more material than just the questions.
6. I am flexible and don't care if everyone wants me to stop and google something like "SWR" before we go to the next slide.

Distant Chapters note: If you can't get to my session or it is too far for you, pm me and I'll help you hit the ground running with some basic training resources and testing locations.

SGT. K
07-18-2012, 08:35 PM
9am bro

Xxxsavior
07-18-2012, 11:16 PM
I know you said open to all... Mind if I sit in?

TacoTank
07-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Sure thing! Pm sent with directions. I didn't realize I don't get emails on the calendar. I guess?

TacoTank
07-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks for coming by. Any feedback is appreciated. I hope to get the additional Ham Wiki presentation completed before the next discussion.