PDA

View Full Version : New 5 part Series on Discovery Channel

RubiconAg
08-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Discovery has a new show coming up, One Car Too Far, where a British Special Forces soldier and a Southern California-based car fanatic get dropped in the middle of nowhere, first have to find the used Jeep waiting for them, then make it out... The press release shows it starting on 8/19, but my Dish Network guide comes up with 8/23 for the premiere. Regardless, my DVR is set.

One Car Too Far (http://press.discovery.com/us/dsc/programs/one-car-too-far/)

Dave G.
08-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Very interested in this, my co-driver from KOH last year was almost on this show! Used to be a thread on Pirate about the final cast selection, but can't find it now. They called racers, wheelers, and shop owners from all over the world to find cast members last year.

rkik
08-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Seen the previews while watching shark week and looks good. Will be interesting to see what they put that TJ through.

UstabeaRenegade
08-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Yea caught the show - wasnt impressed, the "driver" knew so little about wheeling - he needs to stick with driving lambos and his tricked out hummer. Seriously - google the guy

rkik
08-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Yea caught the show - wasnt impressed, the "driver" knew so little about wheeling - he needs to stick with driving lambos and his tricked out hummer. Seriously - google the guy

I agree I wasn't impressed either. The entire show appeared very staged. Just where they happened to want to cross a small creek 4 cleaned up logs are submerged in the water to make a bridge? Next morning 2 fish magically appear as if they were caught? The driver had very little experience and was worried/scared of a wet/muddy dirt road at the end of the show.

basselete
08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
the driver is a pretty good rally driver