PDA

View Full Version : help a fellow jeeper out

2011silverjk
10-27-2012, 05:42 AM
I am writing to ask for your help. On 1/19/2013, I have committed to grin and “bear” it for the athletes of Special Olympics Texas by taking a chilly dip into freezing water alongside other warm-hearted people. I know you’re probably getting cold just thinking about it! The cold that I will feel is temporary; the positive impact it will have on the lives of children and adults with intellectual disabilities will last a lifetime.
I have set a personal fund raising goal of $500.00, and I need your help to reach it!
I’m not asking you to take the plunge alongside me, but instead, I am asking if you will make a donation to Special Olympics Texas on behalf of me taking part in the Polar Plunge. Any amount would be appreciated – it all goes to a wonderful organization, and every bit gets me that much closer to my goal.
In order to support my plunge, please make your check payable to Special Olympics Texas and return it to me in the envelope I have provided, or you can mail it directly to their office at 7715 Chevy Chase Drive, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78752. If you do it this way, please be sure to include my name so that the staff will know where to credit the contribution. Or, if you prefer the web, visit [your individual web page address].
To learn more about this wacky winter event, visit www.specialolympicstexas.org/polarplunge for all of the chilly details. Think warm thoughts for me as Januray 19 approaches. I will do my best to “bear” the cold and make my supporters proud!
Thank you!
paul zimmermann
Click here to visit my personal page.

If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://sotx.convio.net/site/TR?px=1174692&pg=personal&fr_id=1440&et=o-IirZemAa63BsOWe5Vv7w&s_tafId=2950

PondSkum
10-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Looks Like SPAM!!!!!!!

I think it is legit.. Would like to see a true introduction post from 2011silverjk though... might help people to donate to someone that actually participates in the forum.

PondSkum
10-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Also, I deleted the other "duplicate" post.. it's not really necessary to have 2 posts that say the same exact thing in 2 different forums.

Inigo Montoya
10-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the forum.

He's legit. I know him from another site...

SGT. K
10-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Hmm, had all day to look legit, no pic or profile I still stand by my post as SPAM, why not write a post in the general area instead of the introduction forum, been getting a few of these lately and I am not biting!

- - - Updated - - -

Jason Please research this in debt to make sure it is true, not just go to the web site posted up. Do a real research and make dang sure this is the real deal, I would hate for our members to get taken advantage of.

PondSkum
10-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Hmm, had all day to look legit, no pic or profile I still stand by my post as SPAM, why not write a post in the general area instead of the introduction forum, been getting a few of these lately and I am not biting!

- - - Updated - - -

Jason Please research this in debt to make sure it is true, not just go to the web site posted up. Do a real research and make dang sure this is the real deal, I would hate for our members to get taken advantage of.

I've sent an email to them asking for them to post up a real introduction. We shall see. If it's not legit, they went through a whole lot of trouble building the website and facebook/twitter/youtube pages up...

2011silverjk
10-28-2012, 01:13 PM
sorry guys been going 100mph here just posted up in the member intro section

2011silverjk
10-29-2012, 05:06 AM
bump for today

2011silverjk
10-29-2012, 02:09 PM
this is not spam....please help me meet my goal

SGT. K
10-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I meet Paul this weekend. This is legit.

2011silverjk
10-31-2012, 05:12 AM
bump for the ghouls

2011silverjk
11-28-2012, 06:30 AM
I am writing to ask for your help. On 1/19/2013, I have committed to grin and “bear” it for the athletes of Special Olympics Texas by taking a chilly dip into freezing water alongside other warm-hearted people. I know you’re probably getting cold just thinking about it! The cold that I will feel is temporary; the positive impact it will have on the lives of children and adults with intellectual disabilities will last a lifetime.
I have set a personal fund raising goal of $500.00, and I need your help to reach it!
I’m not asking you to take the plunge alongside me, but instead, I am asking if you will make a donation to Special Olympics Texas on behalf of me taking part in the Polar Plunge. Any amount would be appreciated – it all goes to a wonderful organization, and every bit gets me that much closer to my goal.
In order to support my plunge, please make your check payable to Special Olympics Texas and return it to me in the envelope I have provided, or you can mail it directly to their office at 7715 Chevy Chase Drive, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78752. If you do it this way, please be sure to include my name so that the staff will know where to credit the contribution. Or, if you prefer the web, visit [your individual web page address].
To learn more about this wacky winter event, visit www.specialolympicstexas.org/polarplunge for all of the chilly details. Think warm thoughts for me as Januray 19 approaches. I will do my best to “bear” the cold and make my supporters proud!
Thank you!
paul zimmermann
Click here to visit my personal page.

If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://sotx.convio.net/site/TR?px=1174692&pg=personal&fr_id=1440&et=o-IirZemAa63BsOWe5Vv7w&s_tafId=2950

bump this up time is getting near