User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TX4WD Statewide Meet discussion...

RubiconAg is offline Chapter Vice President Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but I have been out of town a while... Here's my input.

Location: I strongly suggest keeping this at BVORR. We have made it a point to make this an inexpensive meet to encourage attendance, and I plan to keep it that way. There is no other park we can have a private weekend meet for $10/person. If you want to have a meet at Gilmer or Hidden Falls, feel free to do that, but not as the Statewide Meet.

Meals: The entry fee includes 1 meal, that is Saturday evening. We have done burgers/sausages in the past. Attendees are on their own for other meals.

Prizes: We have always made it a point to identify these as Door Prizes, not raffle items, due to the legal issues of raffles that we didn't want to get involved in. Also, we are not trying to make money off these items, as each attendee will have ONE chance to win with their paid entry fee, and no option to buy more. We get as many prizes donated as possible, and offer advertising to the vendors who donate them. Last year, the B/CS Chapter voted to use some of it's own money to buy more Door Prizes so more attendees could win.

Joint effort hosting: I certainly don't want to discourage this, but I'm not certain how well it will work out. In the past, it has been kept very simple and the B/CS Chapter was easily able to cover it's costs with our portion of the entry fees. I don't know what the current financial condition is of the other chapters, or how much they plan to spend on their involvement, but I don't want this to be a money-losing endeavor for any chapter or individual.

05X4X4 is offline Chapter Safety Officer Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd vote that B/CS be the lone host, and other chapters pitch in for other portions.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like I'm on the wrong page - I thought you reached out for other chapters to host which didn't get much response - so getting chapters to committ to specifics, I thought that was the plan.

Please give me a call to get it straightened out!
    Sorry if I have caused confusion!

281-642-2907

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconAg View Post
    Sorry, but I have been out of town a while... Here's my input.

Location: I strongly suggest keeping this at BVORR. We have made it a point to make this an inexpensive meet to encourage attendance, and I plan to keep it that way. There is no other park we can have a private weekend meet for $10/person. If you want to have a meet at Gilmer or Hidden Falls, feel free to do that, but not as the Statewide Meet.

Meals: The entry fee includes 1 meal, that is Saturday evening. We have done burgers/sausages in the past. Attendees are on their own for other meals.

Prizes: We have always made it a point to identify these as Door Prizes, not raffle items, due to the legal issues of raffles that we didn't want to get involved in. Also, we are not trying to make money off these items, as each attendee will have ONE chance to win with their paid entry fee, and no option to buy more. We get as many prizes donated as possible, and offer advertising to the vendors who donate them. Last year, the B/CS Chapter voted to use some of it's own money to buy more Door Prizes so more attendees could win.

Joint effort hosting: I certainly don't want to discourage this, but I'm not certain how well it will work out. In the past, it has been kept very simple and the B/CS Chapter was easily able to cover it's costs with our portion of the entry fees. I don't know what the current financial condition is of the other chapters, or how much they plan to spend on their involvement, but I don't want this to be a money-losing endeavor for any chapter or individual.
    97 TJ 4.6L Stroked, D44s, 488s, 37"MTRs - 'Roxy'
    09 Dodge 3500, 6.7Cummins, Extended cab, full WB 35x12.5 Grapplers - 'IronHide'

http://newforum.tx4wd.org/image.php?u=2&type=sigpic&dateline=1328845878

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well while were getting that straightned out, I haven't heard anybody throw out a particular month or date to have the meet, so lets at least get that part going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like to know a date too so I can have plenty of time to rework my work schedule, can we pay in advance?

- - - Updated - - -

Like to know a date too so I can have plenty of time to rework my work schedule, can we pay in advance?
    Live to ride, Ride to live ,That's how I roll

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richard, I'm gonna talk to my snapon guy tomorrow and also to my new gm at work about sponsoring like last year. I'll update you as soon as I know something.

05X4X4 is offline Chapter Safety Officer Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BagBat- Richard did post originally for another chapter to host, but what I think he's saying now is that it's would be easier for one chapter to host everything and coordinate jobs to others. Rather than having too many chiefs and not enough Indians... That's the way I'm understanding what's going on, but obviously Richard would need to step in and straight everything out.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

RubiconAg is offline Chapter Vice President Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, folks, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful or ruffle any feathers. Maybe I am a little protective of this event, not so much the coordinating, planning and hosting, but mainly the spirit of the event, to promote TX4WD by providing an inexpensive event that encourages attendance by as many members as possible.

If Katy wants to work on some door prizes, that's great. We do have some B/CS businesses that have supported us in the past that I would like to reach out to again for more door prizes as well.

If T/C, or anyone else, wants to handle the meal, that's great. Let me know what support you need to pull it off. I can hopefully get at least $100 from HEB again to go toward supplies for the meal, maybe more if I get with them early enough.

B/CS will certainly work with BVORR to prepare the park for the event. The recovery clinics seem to have been successful, so we would setup for that again. If Sarge wants to run those, that's great, if not, we can handle those.

Now, for a date. It's obvious we can't make this a Spring event at this late date. So, I'm looking at the Fall. A&M Football is in town every weekend in September, plus mid-October through almost mid-November, making it impossible to find a hotel for any who want one. Texas Red's was the second weekend of October, so I'm guessing it will be the same this year. That pretty much leaves the first weekend in October... So, how does October 5-6th sound to everyone?

And remember, this event only costs $10/adult (ages 16+), which includes a meal on Saturday evening and ONE door prize ticket for prizes to be drawn during the meal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds good to me, give me time to get my rig ready and hopefully not have a repeat of last year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx for the clarification!
    I agree, B/C is host, the rest if us are just pitching in to help! (That's my aim any how...only one chief...LOL)

Ill bring this to the table at the T/C meeting this week. We've been having pretty low participation from the chapter of late-likely because of deer season...but, ill confirm if there is commitment from the chapter (to coordinate the meal-cooks etc) and let you know.
    97 TJ 4.6L Stroked, D44s, 488s, 37"MTRs - 'Roxy'
    09 Dodge 3500, 6.7Cummins, Extended cab, full WB 35x12.5 Grapplers - 'IronHide'

http://newforum.tx4wd.org/image.php?u=2&type=sigpic&dateline=1328845878