Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook vs. Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook vs. Forum

The following was also posted onGB to gather feedback...

Post your comments or LIKE this idea.
    Please.

if you could see events and announcements on Facebook and had access to all discussions in the forum

(Thinking about shutting down the FB GROUP-leaving the FB PAGE up and directing members to the forum)

Your comments are welcome!
    Thank you!
    97 TJ 4.6L Stroked, D44s, 488s, 37"MTRs - 'Roxy'
    09 Dodge 3500, 6.7Cummins, Extended cab, full WB 35x12.5 Grapplers - 'IronHide'

http://newforum.tx4wd.org/image.php?u=2&type=sigpic&dateline=1328845878

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Experimenting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook vs. Forum

LOL
    trying to reach all the members I can....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a forum owner myself, of course I am going to have a biased opinion towards them.

As I said on the facebook posting, most people think it is more convenient to do all of their social networking in one place. Myself, facebook is a place to pass the time during the day. I scroll through thousands of postings in my newsfeed searching for amusement...which I typically find on a daily basis with the usual drama comments. For ACTUAL information concerning tech, parts, events, etc...I always use forums.

I have an open group for TTORA (my site) on facebook. It has a whopping 277 members and gets a couple of posts a week. Whereas my forum has nearly 150k members and has hundreds of comments per day posted on it.

I'm not really sure closing the open group on facebook is going to force more traffic here though. Seems that there are more TX4WD members that use that open group than use the forum here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haveing the chapters split up is confusing everyone keeps to there chapter. If it was more like dfws forum where it was a tech section and a general section and so fourth where there were options and not 50 or so it would easier to keep track of where and what you posted. I understand that texas is to big to put everybody in the same place and that's reason for the way it is but it'd hard to keep everyone together when its set up to be apart.
    The leadership here is awsome and yall do a great job. Memeber retention is and always will be an issue. You have to find a balance between doing to much as a group and not doing enough. I wish I had the money to participate more often than I get to so I'm a keyboard wheeler. My jeep site more than its drove here lately and will continue to sit till the budget always it to be fixed (front drive shaft bent like a fishing rod). I use my cell to surf the three forums I'm active on and a few I haunt/troll.

Split it up a little different. See if we can't get the "unity" we are looking for. And if ya need anything shoot me a p.m.

6. Likes PondSkum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook vs. Forum

@ Chris89YJ

I couldn't agree with you more!!!
    To have chapter discussion areas has never been what I believed would be ideal...but, it was put to the members and...we have chapter discussion areas.

Maybe one day, that can change??
    I certainly hope so!!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook vs. Forum

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Big4x4ride; 08-09-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Done

9. Likes Mudhog1977 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook vs. Forum

You are right....I have often thought that I'm not the leader this organization needs.....and would be happy to see 'that one' come along.
    No excuses....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook vs. Forum

Nevermind
    Last edited by Big4x4ride; 08-09-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Done

indirocz28 is offline B/CS Chapter Trail Guide Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that big ride has some good points.

One thing that should come out of the opinions on this forum is that the chapter presidents should personally get together if they can and decide how to change things up, and promote Tx4wd for the better.

A great place for this would be the statewide meet in September.

Prior to that, I encourage all officers from the clubs to get together on here and generate some ideas for those chapters having issues.

All of this is is easier said than done, I know, but someone needs to try instead of be a bystander.

I wish all of the clubs had a schedule and a place to meet and wheel regularly like the BCS chapter, but I know they don't. I think that's one of the things that helps to make our chapter successful though.
    Instead of having a meeting out to eat and drink beer, try to set up your meetings at a place to wheel.
    Call the park, inform them of tx4wd.org's group, and what the group stands for, and see if maybe they can give a group rate instead of $30+ entry per person at some places.

I've been a member here since last summer/fall, and I have always had a great time, and met great people. It is because of this forum that has made it possible, and I would hate to see it, and other chapters fall apart.