• 03-07-2014 to 03-09-2014 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
    *The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
    Calendar
    TX4WD Calendar

Megarun 2014

http://dfw-tx4wd.com/megarun/mr.aspx

Check out the new event for this year hosted by the Tomball Conroe Chapter, the Downhill Derby
  • User Tag List

Thread: Megarun 2014 (BMRA - Gilmer, TX): 03-07-2014 08:00 AM - 03-09-2014 02:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Im sorry for the dumb question but this is my first time to be apart of the MegaRun. I want to make sure that I know all the rules before going. Can I bring my Rhino to use and drive around and watch the events? I am not participating in any events with the Rhino.
      Last edited by bentalbott; 02-12-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Hey Benjamin, I"m a newbie also, 1st time Megarunner, but been to Barnwell several times, and I beleive I read in the sign up sheet, that folks not participating in events still have to pay 40$. But I'm thinking if you want to do the Friday night trail ride/poker run or the Saturday trailride you gotta fork out the 80$. and you also gotta have your OHV decal 16$ to ride anytime at the park.
      I'm paying the 80$ and doing the fri night trailride, sat trailride & obstacle course.
      Maybe one of the higher ups in the TX4WD club will add to this post and correct me if I'm wrong.
      I use to live in Frisco and drove through Princeton all the time on 380...

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Hey Bryan, Thanks for the info. Been to Barnwell a couple of times and love it out there. I will be riding along this time with a buddy in his jeep but want to check out all the fun. Was not sure if the Rhino is allowed to use to move around the park and trails to watch the events.

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Maybe @squeaky can get on here and answer that question.. But I believe it will be ok. You will most likely have to pay entry to the park for your Rhino and get an OHV sticker. I will see if I can find out the answer for you if squeaky doesn't answer first.
      2001 TJ - PondSkum
      Build in progress....

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn." ~ George Santayana

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      this is straight from the MegaRun website.. I will look into the guided trail rides to see if non-MR contestants are allowed to join the trail rides..

Park Attendance Only (per rig, preregistered and prepaid)
      Register and/or pay at the event adds $10
      Passengers are free.
      Primitive Camping is included
      (Per Rig is defined as a trail capable vehicle in the park.) $40.00
      +$10 if paid at the event
      2001 TJ - PondSkum
      Build in progress....

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn." ~ George Santayana

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The way I am reading Ben's post he is not looking to take the Rhino on the organized trail rides, just as transportation around the various events and possibly some trails. In that case yes, $40 park only would be applicable to the rhino. We basically follow similar guidelines as BMRA normally charges with regards to rigs in the park.

We do not check for OHV stickers and we do not require them for MR, but they are a requirement for BMRA. If anyone chooses to ride without a sticker we will not stop them...but the game warden can...and he has been known to show up. The sticker is like $16 and does provide some funding to the parks. The fine for not having one is at the discretion of the game warden and can be as high as $500.

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Hey Mark,
      Yes I have a sticker for the Rhino and have enjoyed barnwell many times with it however I am not going to be taking the Rhino on any organized trail rides this time. I will be in the jeep for that. Our question was can we park the jeep and ride around on the Rhino and watch the events and you have answered that question. I appreciate your time on this and thanks to everyone for helping clear it up. I enjoy watching the events and that was our question. See every one out there.

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Preregistration and prepay is nearly closed. Sign up while the signin is good.

Of course you can also sign up and/or pay at the gate but it will cost you more and you may not get as much stuff. Shirts, stickers and meal tickets on site are while supplies last.