• 03-16-2014 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
    *The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
    Calendar
    TX4WD Calendar

**TX4WD-ALL MEMBERS INVITED to the BOP Quarterly Meeting

Board of Presidents’ Quarterly Meeting 2014
    ALL MEMBERS are invited to attend!

March 16th at 7pm
    CONFERENCE CALL (details on how to call in below)

ALL CHAPTER leaders/representatives are expected to participate!
    If you are unable to attend, and hold a seat on the BOP (Pres, VP or representative of an active chapter), please notify the chair ASAP.

B/CS
    DFW
    Houston
    Katy
    Liberty
    Lufkin
    San Antonio
    SE Texas
    T/C

Calling in is simple
    Toll Free: 1-877-829-8910
    Access Code: 5309326#

AGENDA
    Call to Order
    Roll Call
    Reading of the minutes of proceeding meeting
    Reports
    Officer Reports
    Financial Report
    Committee Reports
    Special orders
    Old Business
    New Business
    New Chapter Application-Sugar Land
    Announcements
    Adjournment
  • User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: **TX4WD-ALL MEMBERS INVITED to the BOP Quarterly Meeting (conference call): 03-16-2014 06:00 PM - 07:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      21 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

I'm trying my damnedest to do that (follow the bylaws)!
      Quorum must be present to take action
      Votes are won/lost by simple majority vote.
      Last edited by BagBat; 03-27-2014 at 09:34 AM. Reason: removed personal reference
      97 TJ 4.6L Stroked, D44s, 488s, 37"MTRs - 'Roxy'
      09 Dodge 3500, 6.7Cummins, Extended cab, full WB 35x12.5 Grapplers - 'IronHide'

http://newforum.tx4wd.org/image.php?u=2&type=sigpic&dateline=1328845878

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

What I find odd, is basically 3/8 of the chapters can vote for something and it can pass..According to the minutes, only 3 votes were cast to add a chapter, and only 4 shown represented(Houston abstained in the vote.) what happened to the 5th chapter, T/C? They are listed as represented, but not listed in the voting..

All I'm trying I get at it is that it seems things are being somewhat skewed to satisfy the bylaws in my eyes. I may not have any voice in the matter as I'm not in any chapter in any way, but as an outsider looking in it doesn't look like things are going 100% as they should.

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      21 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Big4x4ride View Post
      ...All I'm trying I get at it is that it seems things are being somewhat skewed to satisfy the bylaws in my eyes. I may not have any voice in the matter as I'm not in any chapter in any way, but as an outsider looking in it doesn't look like things are going 100% as they should.

I agree with you that things aren't going '100% as they should'.

Think about it from my perspective:
      We adopted bylaws that require certain 'democratic' processes be followed - but, then we failed to fully participate. By that I mean, provide people willing to serve as co-chair, treasurer, and secretary of the BOP along with active participation of the chapter leaders in the BOP. Where that left me (as only officer of the organization, governed by the new bylaws) was unable to move forward on ANYTHING! I focused my energies on uniting the offroad community around the Houston area and promoting our organization to potential new members and businesses.
      Then about July/August, a member stirred the pot about the open seats....and elections which resulted in people volunteering to serve as officers of the board. We had a meeting end of 2013 where we actually had a quarum....then, we held a special meeting and election...(I'm starting to be hopeful that all my efforts weren't in vain) PROGRESS!!!
      Then, on the Q1 call of 2014, we actually had a quarum PLUS TWO. We had business that we carried over to the Q2 call - finances and the Sugar Land chapter application. (I was STOKED to say the least. Read what I had to say)
      I thought that we, as an organization, were starting to move forward...those present insisting that the organization pay for itself, not one of it's officers. How to finance the incorporation (not ME) and start figuring out how to pay me back for the moneys I had come out of pocket to keep our trademark and stuff....

Now here we are, right after the very next call , the Q2 call, with slightly less participation but, still WAY better than last year! we voted to accept the Sugar Land chapter application that was submitted over three months ago....that and simly open discussion on another topic and I am spending hours answering questions to people who for whatever reason, decided not to join the call and voice their opinions during open discussion....now...I'm feeling a bit bewildered. When I'm told that 'none of this has ever been posted on the forum'....and stuff like that, I look at what has been done, and sometimes get defensive, I don't mean to be...but, alas, I am human at best.
      I believe we have potential to be the GREATEST OFFROAD ORGANIZATION in the state of Texas, hands down!!
      If things seem 'skewed', be assured that isn't my intent....and if we need to rescind the votes from the meeting, I will accept responsibility.

Please, don't beat me up for my comments above. I'm trying to be open, honest and above all REAL with ya'll!
      When I say I'm trying my damndest, I really am!!
      Last edited by BagBat; 03-27-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Not trying to beat anyone up, just thinking that some things may need to be relooked at. IMO there needs to be a serious look using all the representatives at state level and local level at exactly what the end goal for the organization is. Then from there see who is on board, and who isn't. From there, address and questionable issues in the bylaws, address the liability issues, address finances, and go from there. One meeting, maybe a couple hours long, but get everyone up to speed and on the same page. The question should never be, how does your chapter do it, as this is a statewide organization. The organization as a whole should be the model for each chapter to follow. Everyone needs to put their differences aside, and unite to work as 1. If a chapter doesn't want to be on board with what the organization as a whole wants to do, then ask the chapter to remove tx4wd from their name. Yes I have made the comment that this is a sinking ship, however if enough people work together bailing water, maybe just maybe she could float again.

5. Thanks BagBat thanked for this post
      Likes BagBat liked this post
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      21 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by big4x4ride View Post
      not trying to beat anyone up, just thinking that some things may need to be relooked at. Imo there needs to be a serious look using all the representatives at state level and local level at exactly what the end goal for the organization is. Then from there see who is on board, and who isn't. From there, address and questionable issues in the bylaws, address the liability issues, address finances, and go from there. One meeting, maybe a couple hours long, but get everyone up to speed and on the same page. The question should never be, how does your chapter do it, as this is a statewide organization. The organization as a whole should be the model for each chapter to follow. Everyone needs to put their differences aside, and unite to work as 1. If a chapter doesn't want to be on board with what the organization as a whole wants to do, then ask the chapter to remove tx4wd from their name. Yes i have made the comment that this is a sinking ship, however if enough people work together bailing water, maybe just maybe she could float again.
      love it!!!!