Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History of TX4WD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

History of TX4WD

Speaking of history, anyone ever talk with Tim Kyle any more? What about the 2 Deans?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember those days and what has been said is correct

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4x4ride View Post
    Speaking of history, anyone ever talk with Tim Kyle any more? What about the 2 Deans?
    I still talk to Tim
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Just because someone goes fast doesn't mean you should do whatever you think they did.
    This path assumes they knew what they were doing, which isn't necessarily the case. Take this path and you will be guaranteed second place."

Originally Posted by PondSkum
    I'm just a floater.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1999 is when I joined. Bruce Boyd was Baytown chapter president. Came by my house to introduce himself. I went on a trip to Hot Springs with Bruce, Bert, Marshall Boyd, Wayne Carpenter in the "Chili Pepper", Lance Langenhenning. Made a couple others with the Hollingers and Kent. This was before Superlift invested in the park. Back then you had to hire a guide with permission and keys to get into all the properties. There were some very cool places that are not available today up there.

One time we were riding around Hot Springs at night after a hard day wheeling. Dick and Marshall decided to pour dish soap in the fountain in downtown Hot Springs. Had a foam cup full of soap with a lid and straw. They sat down on the edge of the fountain and were about to do it when the cops pulled up because Ingrid was parked in a no parking zone. Cops were everywhere.....on horseback, bicycles, on foot. dick just pretended to keep sipping that cup of soap until they could get out of there.