Thread: 2004 TJ going to dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I have a few book marked pages..

Quote Originally Posted by PondSkum View Post
    start searching around on other forums for build threads... like Pirate.. they have lots of threads on 1 ton swaps, so you can see what all is involved.
    2004 Jeep Wrangler

indirocz28 is offline B/CS Chapter Trail Guide Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Artec trusses, and if you want to build custom links, I can get you a deal on a kit from Ruff Stuff and have it drop shipped to you.

I can also get your Artec trusses.

3. Likes uppidycon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been awhile since i been on here.. i forgot i started this thread.. i wish i had remembered this so i could have got in touch with you for parts.. i'm about to update this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by indirocz28 View Post
    Artec trusses, and if you want to build custom links, I can get you a deal on a kit from Ruff Stuff and have it drop shipped to you.

I can also get your Artec trusses.
    - - - Updated - - -

i don't know what he spent, but i'm beginnin' to think i am close.. ha..

Quote Originally Posted by PondSkum View Post
    Here's Ramon's build... I know you probably won't spend the $$ that he did, but this is a good thread... http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...ne-ton-tj.html
    2004 Jeep Wrangler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, since i started this thread, i have built the king pin dana 60 axle with an ARB locker and i have built the 14 bolt with a yukon grizzly locker and 5:13 gears.. i have currently tack welded the truss and LCA tabs to the axle.. i still need to weld in my rear coilover shock tower and tabs to the axle for the coilover, but i am waiting til i get the front axle bolt in to do that.. the front axle is currently sitting under the jeep.. i need to get a friend over to help me get it squared up so i can cut my upper and lower control arms to the length i need since i did a front stretch as well.. the rear was stretched about 5" also.. i am also trying to figure out how to make my steering work correctly.. i keep getting all kinds of different information on how i should do it..
    2004 Jeep Wrangler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TJ I'm currently building, I had to order a TNT steering box relocation kit for, and since he is going to hydro assist, order a YJ steering box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ordered the TNT steering box kit, but i am going to reuse my 3 bolt steering box, so i designed and cut new frame mounts for it.. i wasn't happy when i found out it was made for the 4 bolt non mercedes box, because i called and told them what i had and what i was doing.. they said it would work with ease.. oh well, i fixed it.. now i have the drawings and information to cut out frame mounts and a new body mount piece for under the grill.. i am thinking i will sell them for $50 without the steering links..

The TJ I'm currently building, I had to order a TNT steering box relocation kit for, and since he is going to hydro assist, order a YJ steering box.
    2004 Jeep Wrangler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2004 TJ going to dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Jeep Wrangler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2004 TJ going to dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear

Some progress pics..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Jeep Wrangler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uppidycon View Post
    i ordered the TNT steering box kit, but i am going to reuse my 3 bolt steering box, so i designed and cut new frame mounts for it.. i wasn't happy when i found out it was made for the 4 bolt non mercedes box, because i called and told them what i had and what i was doing.. they said it would work with ease.. oh well, i fixed it.. now i have the drawings and information to cut out frame mounts and a new body mount piece for under the grill.. i am thinking i will sell them for $50 without the steering links..

It does say directly on their website that it doesn't work with the Mercedes 03/04 gearbox.
    That's why we are going with a YJ one. Plus the YJ one is rebuildable, cheaper, and easier to come by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i missed that part when i was lookin' at it..

It does say directly on their website that it doesn't work with the Mercedes 03/04 gearbox.
    2004 Jeep Wrangler