Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MF III - Gilmer fun run - 3/30-4/1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MF III - Gilmer fun run - 3/30-4/1

Well off to a great start!! Chris had a blowout last night, and had to unload his jeep and have his passenger drive his truck to nacogdoches to his moms house. Got a new tire this Mornin.

Then I had a blowout in Lufkin, right next to discount tire. Put on my spare and got a new tire mounted...

Now on the road again! Hope no more issues!!!!

Wasting time, one post at a time... Via Tapatalk for iPhone 4...
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn." ~ George Santayana

RubiconAg is offline Chapter Vice President Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang... I hate tire issues. Were all these trailer blowouts, or was yours on your jeep?

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All trailer tires... I knew mine was getting close, but hoped it would make it... Had a brand new spare though

2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we finally made it!!!

2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many hours did it take to make that trip? might want to put ure trailers up on jackstand when your not using them it will prolong tire life especially if you have a tire cover to protect them from the sun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT. K View Post
    how many hours did it take to make that trip? might want to put ure trailers up on jackstand when your not using them it will prolong tire life especially if you have a tire cover to protect them from the sun
    We left the house in Deer Park at 9:30 AM, and pulled into the park around 3:30 or 4 PM. Not too bad considering the flat, and waiting at Discount tire to get a new tire mounted. The guys in there were pretty cool, and got it done really fast. I guess they saw my son in the truck, and since I told them we weren't even half way to our destination, they decided to squeeze me in.

Overall we had a great weekend. My son did great, slept through most of the trails. I let my wife drive starting on some 2's, then migrated to a few 3's, then she drove down a few 4's until we got to a tough spot where we switched seats. She's not too good with the clutch just yet. If it was auto, I'd probly let her try them, but she needs to learn how to work 3 pedals with 2 feet first. LOL

I'll try to get some more pics up today.. here's a video of the wife driving up Sunday Cruise (4 diamond).

2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem i had was i bought 4 new tires last year on my way to mega run but i never swapped the new tire on my spare rim for one of the used tires.. then when i went leave, i couldn't find that spare rim/brand new tire.. so i decided to chance it without a spare.. well, i made it 30 miles.. at least i know i can drive my jeep to and from the trail if needed.. once i got my new tire in nacogdoches, i was good to go.. now i just need to find another rim for the spare brand new tire i have..

oh and my trailer gets used too often to keep it on jack stands..
    2004 Jeep Wrangler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to get the wifes teamed up at the next event I bought Susan a 2012 JK and have decked it out so maybe they can wheel together. Holy crap man that thing squeks a lot time to break out the grease gun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to get the wifes teamed up at the next event I bought Susan a 2012 JK and have decked it out so maybe they can wheel together. Holy crap man that thing squeks a lot time to break out the grease gun.
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing.. it has to squeak so you know where I am.. LOL.. wait till your JK starts to sound like a real Jeep...

I bet my wife would love to do a women's wheeling event.. This was her first time tackling some of the moderate trails. I usually just let her drive on the bunny slopes.. LOL Now she wants her own Jeep.. she had her chance last year, I almost convinced her to buy a JKU.. but she wanted the Grand Cherokee instead..
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Katy has hosted a valentines day run out in sealy the last couple of years. The guys cook crawfish and burgers and drink beer while the girls play on the dirt pile out back, its always been fun! we didn't have one this past year but maybe we should start it up again. Susan competed at Gilmer if I would of put her in the mild class she would of won by 20 Seconds, I insisted she be in the wild class with 32's and 2 1/2 pro comp lift! I think she came in second and I came in third because I had 2 penalties, I ate a tree and then lost my shifter knob. lol it's all in good fun but she wheels the heck out of that JK ans is still learning it. I am proud of her being one of the few girls that actually knows how to wheel! She also competed in the swing your purse competition at wftw last year.