User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: gpinjason's 01 TJ - aka PondSkum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to update this thread.. after Arkansas, I had a slice on one of my "good" Iroks in the sidewall. So I was looking around for new tires. I came across a good deal on these 37" Goodyear MTR's on 15 x 10 aluminum M/T wheels. 2 are new, and other 3 have over 50% tread left. $800 for all 5, can't beat it! I just had to change the valve stems, and bust the outer bead and clean the rim on a couple of them because they were leaking.

2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn." ~ George Santayana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repaired my rear body mounts a couple weeks ago.. didn't post it here, made a "How To" thread about it... http://www.tx4wd.org/showthread.php?...TJ-body-mounts
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gpinjason's 01 TJ - aka PondSkum

Got my front driveshaft re-tubed and balanced after bending it in Hot Springs. After 4 months of being 2wd she will be 4x4 again! If you are on the southeast side of town and need dshaft work, get with Jonathan at All American Enterprises.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377365076.490516.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377365137.005125.jpg
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jonathan is a good guy! Excellent fabricator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang didn't realize it's been exactly 1 year since I've updated this.... #slacker Stay tuned....
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, apparently I didn't do much since I last updated this. I only went on 1 wheeling trip in 2013, which was in April, to Hot Springs. That trip took it's toll on my Jeep, so I spent the rest of the year fixing odds and ends. Went to DSO in January 2014 and damaged my steering box and a lower ball joint. Then 4 Wheelin 4 Warriors in February 2014 took out my steering pump. Replaced my steering pump, steering box, and installed an inline filter. But my steering pump still isn't working right. The box that I put on is an old one that has been drilled and tapped for hydro assist, I'm not sure if it's any good. So I have a brand new replacement from Autozone (warranty) to install and see if that helps.

I bought some Currie adjustable control arms, upper and lower, from Teresa and installed them, that should take care of my issues with ripping stock uppers in half or bending them into pretzel shapes. BUT... it didn't stop this from happening!! 4th of July in Hot Springs...

Have no fear! Jonathan with AAE to the rescue again. He welded it back in place and I was back on the trails in about an hour.

So I have ordered replacement control arm brackets. Just need to get the old ones cut off and new ones welded on... Got them from Artec. 1/4" plate. Should be way stronger than factory. I also Bent up another factory belly pan, so I'm in the process of designing and fabricating a 1/4" plate Tummy Tuck skid plate. I have a 3" body lift, so I should be able to shove the t-case up a couple inches to gain some more clearance under the belly. Also get rid of the flimsy factory skid.

In the meantime, I pulled the factory tail lights off and installed flush mount LEDs. for no reason other than cosmetics.. But they sure look good!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gpinjason's 01 TJ - aka PondSkum

^ you tear that controll arm hitting a curb at the mall ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk