User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MudBus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's back! I went from 54" springs with 6" steel lift blocks in the rear, and 48" 6" arc springs up front to 63" springs in the rear and 56" springs up front, and shackle flips on both ends. Eric did a really good job on the welds and measurements and I like it so far. The ride is much softer now than before, and he measured 15" of flex; 6 up, and 9 down. That's not bad for a Suburban!

Here's some pics!

Overall view of the front

The OEM mounts were moved forward and reshaped to fit the new curve of the new frame location

Here are the ORD FUSH with some custom shackles I found online. It's just cut steel, nothing fancy.

Here's an overview of the rear

Rear ORD shackle flips for the rear

ohhhhh those welllllds drool

The OE mounts for the front of the rear were also relocated and reworked. All that work kept the factory wheelbase and I'm still able to use the OEM driveshaft!

Pinion angle fixed! It used to be awful. Scroll around for that undershot view of the previous angle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As promised, here are some pics of the new exhaust. It was all done at Katy Exhaust Pros for just under $250. I already had most of the tubing, the H pipe, and the two mufflers.

Here's my H pipe all done up, underneath the U-Joint to the driveshaft.

Here's the sharp bend on the right bank. It had to be tight to clear the pumpkin but still make room for the starter to breathe and be removed.

Here's a nice view of the tailpipe and slash cut tips. Both sides are identical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it's been quite a while since I've been on any of my forums. I basically went ghost on everyone trying to keep away from all the cool events going on during the spring to keep me from spending parts money. It sucked but I've finally gotten a few pennies saved up for some serious repairs and upgrades.

First things first:
    In one of my recent outings the bearings, inner and outer seals went out on BOTH front and rear axles. I know, right? I had just changed the fluids, too. So, the labor it takes to replace the inner guts is the same it'd take to regear and add lockers which means replacing a few $20 parts has turned into a $4000 repair/upgrade ticket by way of plus sized carriers, 4.56 ring and pinion gears, Grizzly lockers, and new inner and outer seals and bearings on both front AND rear axles. I'm lining up my last few duckets and will be making an appointment with Eric at Lonestar Ring & Pinion soon.

Once the axles are up and rolling, the next step very soon after is finally dropping the old 350/208 combo and installing the 400/205 that's been rusting in my garage for over 2 years now. That install will be comparitively cheap on parts save for the new requirement of slip shafts front and rear vs. slip yokes. Once the bugger is finally rolling well on it's own I'll be out runnin around again but the lockers means no more chirpy tires - just some loud kachunk clunk clunks around the corners.

One of these days.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just logged in after a long hiatus and good grief, I had no idea it's been so long since I last did anything to this monster. A while, yea, but almost a year? Yikes. Dang money problems. I see it every day though, sitting in my driveway . .. .