User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: home zombie defense - teach me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something my brother pointed out to me and advised me not to use. He is a police officer and responded to a burglary. When he arrived on scene the bad guy was sitting on the porch with his chest looking like hamburger. The bad guy was fine and was taken to the hospital. When my brother spoke with the home owner he asked what he used. The home owner responded #6 birdshot. My brother told me to never use birdshot since this is the third scene he has arrived at where the bad guy was shot, but not stopped due to birdshot. He told me in each case the birdshot didn't penetrate to the vitals at close range. Sure they looked messed up, but a motivated bad guy wouldn't of been stopped and it could of cost the home owner his life.

Saying that, I use 00 buckshot in my 12 gauge only. I also agree with a pistol for close quarters my choice of poison is a Glock 22.

If anyone ever wants to go to the range and wants to try out a certain rifle or pistol let me know. I'm more then willing to go. I also have flintlocks and percussion blackpowder rifles. Now those are some real fun shooting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes people use birdshot because they thing they will lose in court if its loaded with 00, and some people load it with birdshot so as not to penetrate the walls in their kids bedrooms, either way I agree with you %100. Use 00 or slugs or a combination of both. I would like to go shoot with ya sometime. Never shot any black powder of flintlock weapons, I think that would be pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Birdshot in my Judge. Like Sarge mentions, it is so, while I disoriented, I can make impact, noise, flash and hopefully hit some eyeballs. My daughters room is right next to mine. Also, it can kill. I have seen it. My neighbor shot a thief with a .410 when I was young. The boy died in his arms. Too many pin holes to plug up. I have send it go through cowhide. But yeah, mine is primarily to make impact and get out of the situation. My goal in a home invasion is to get me and my family out alive and I do not care if the guy dies or not. I just need to get out, get my orientation and my other weapon and then I can come back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

home zombie defense - teach me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stouttrout View Post
    I use Birdshot in my Judge. Like Sarge mentions, it is so, while I disoriented, I can make impact, noise, flash and hopefully hit some eyeballs. My daughters room is right next to mine. Also, it can kill. I have seen it. My neighbor shot a thief with a .410 when I was young. The boy died in his arms. Too many pin holes to plug up. I have send it go through cowhide. But yeah, mine is primarily to make impact and get out of the situation. My goal in a home invasion is to get me and my family out alive and I do not care if the guy dies or not. I just need to get out, get my orientation and my other weapon and then I can come back in.
    Does the judge have a lot of recoil when shooting the .410 out of it? I've been really wanting to shoot one 😊

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not bad at all. I like it. You could handle it. The wife shoots mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure dan thanks a lot making my 9 look puny talking bout a judge lol jk
    Live to ride, Ride to live ,That's how I roll