User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we pursue a program like WFTW to give inner city kids a chance to offroad?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eventual Full or semi annual events are a good idea

1 50.00%
  • Only have a one time event with this church's 5 kids

0 0%
  • Bad Idea or Tried before and failed

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Program for inner city kids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Program for inner city kids

Hey Wheelers, I have a question for y'all, and it's my first time to make a poll, so I hope it works.

Would any of y'all be interested in doing something like Wheelers For The Wounded, but for inner city kids?

I know not every scenerio will work, but with the right gameplan, I think it is doable. I was aproached by a coworker that is a member of a smaller inner city church on another topic. While talking with him, we tossed the idea of the WFTW applied to inner city kids. He said that their church has about 5 kids that should have the minimum level of maturity to handle some type of offroad scenerio, and the community has plenty of kids that have not or may never get this kind of experience.

When I was a kid, I got rescued from school in a flood on the back of a monster truck, but otherwise, I had no opportunity like this.

Let me also note that I think we were against odds and had some doubters for the WFTW fundraiser, but even though the 250 go topless jeeps that went to Galveston didn't show up, among others, we still made it a success and raised money for WFTW!

So, what do you honestly think about:
    1. An eventual Program with full/semi annual events
    2. A one time event for these kids at this church
    3. Bad Idea or tried already and failed
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, the question had a character limit and I shortened it, not knowing I mispelled Offroad. I don't think I can fix it. Admins can fix?
    Anyway, maybe an education before starting this program lol.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTank View Post
    Sorry, the question had a character limit and I shortened it, not knowing I mispelled Offroad. I don't think I can fix it. Admins can fix?
    Anyway, maybe an education before starting this program lol.
    Poll question fixed.. as far as the program, it sounds like a good idea to me, but putting it in action will take lots of work!
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn." ~ George Santayana
     ...to the topTop

4. Thanks TacoTank thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we are ready for that as a group yet for several reasons. Just call me and I will tell you those reasons as well as some possibilities of getting around some of them. The other problem I see may be liability issues as we are talking about minors. How would you correct a child out on the trail? Where would there parents be? What about medical issues? I am not trying to shoot your idea down but I think it needs a lot of thought and a lot of questions need to be answered first. It takes a heck of a lot of people, time and money to pull off a event like that, some of which you saw at the last fundraiser, it takes a lot of work, time and effort behind the scenes to make it all come together. I am sure Dan and some others can give you ideas and things to think about if this is something you really want to do.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tks Sarge, those are a lot of good details and issues. I'll say that I have logged many ours of youth programs, so I know this can't be thrown together. I guess right now what I'm after is whether anyone has any interest. If so, then I'm willing to put some time into it to work a preliminary plan.

I'd like everyone to weight in like Sarge. If we get interest, I'll start incorporating everyones concerns into a list on the original post.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admins, this poll was a bust, so please delete this thread. I guess this is one of the 1000 ways NOT to make a light bulb
     ...to the topTop