User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My MB build

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks sexy man now hurry up and get that thing finished.
    Driver: 06 TJ X. 31/10.50x15s Black Steelies, Rear tire carrier, 2.5" RC lift, winch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txjeeper View Post
    Looks sexy man now hurry up and get that thing finished.
    Yea so ya'll can come help me with mine Lmao
    Live to ride, Ride to live ,That's how I roll

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is coming along nicely Tyler, I am jealous! Only concern I have is the front links and the amount of vertical separation. We have another club member with a similar setup and under torque he is breaking u-joints like twigs. We are having to separate his links to help this, he was only at around 12" to begin with, not sure where we will end up. The mastermind you are I am sure you have taken this into account and I trust your figures over mine, just throwing that out there for you

Love you man, see you ASAP
    DFW Forums http://www.dfw-tx4wd.org/forums/default.aspx

Just some bolt ons!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm around 16" separation at the axle. That should be plenty from what I figured. I'm hoping my little 90hp TDI can even turn the tires much less snap anything. We shall see. I miss all you guys up there.

What conditions is he snapping ujoints in? Just acceleration? Flexed out? If it's under flex it's probably because the link geometry is rotating the pinion too much. If it's acceleration then there's likely slop somewhere. I did tons of research into four link design before I ordered parts. And plenty more during the mock up phase. Have him PM me if he has any questions or anything. Or you have my number too. I'd be more than happy to share what little I know.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a little work done on the floors over the last two days. Turned out to be tougher than I thought it would be. But still not too bad. I wish I was further along on them but such is life. They are just sitting in there and will be for a while. I need to figure out if I'm going to weld the body mount bolts into the brace and leave the floor solid, drill holes in the floor so I can access the bolts or weld nuts into the braces and have the bolts come up from the bottom. I also need to finish weld the frame and get it all wrapped up before I can truly finish the floors. I didn't realize this until I got to this point. Maybe this weekend I can get the frame all wrapped up and go on with the tub. I gotta say, it's now much easier to put the seats in and make vroom vroom noises than when it was braces. Just figured I'd give a quick update. This is probably more floor than there was when I bought it. Right Puddin?

966786d1374241548-rooneys-build-20130718_184606.jpg
    966794d1374241548-rooneys-build-20130718_184625.jpg
    966802d1374241548-rooneys-build-20130718_184649.jpg
    1980 cj5, full metal cloak, 4.0, 4:1 d300, 33" tsl, widetracks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great build. Thanks for taking the time to write it up and post pictures. I like how low it sits.