Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tow Rig Decision

TXRED is offline Chapter President Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, now you can move the Monster around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the truck saga isn't quite over yet. I went in to pick up the truck yesterday at lunch and when it finally came out from detailing I saw that they had ordered me the wrong truck! They had brought in a two-tone mineral gray metallic truck instead of a monotone. Needless to say I was pissed. In the past I have purchased form this dealership (although not always Lithia) and have yet to have had a good experience. I was willing to give them one more shot to keep the business local. The GM insisted that I take this truck until the monotone truck arrived which shouldn't be more than a day or two. He also gave me another $500 for my trade to help compensate for the hassle. He also is having the paperwork delivered to the house for signing so we don't have to bring the kiddos in once again (paying attention to paperwork is a joy with an almost 3 year old and a 6 month old). Because they made things right and have been extremely easy to work with I have no reserve about going back there once again to do business or referring others there. In the end, this mistake was actually good for their business bc I have my father-in-law all but convinced to trade in his current diesel (09 F350 cclb) and purchase the truck I'm driving currently. He has never been on this local CJD dealership, but he was impressed about their willingness to make things right.

Quote Originally Posted by jam0o0 View Post
    congrats.

side question. were there other colors than grey, white, black, silver available?
    At the dealership that I purchased from (Lithia CJD of Bryan) all they had in stock of the mega cabs was a red slt. They had to dealer trade in order to get the color/options that I wanted. However most rigs they *should* be able to get either the same day or the next. My salesman sucked balls at Lithia however their GM Jay Harper really worked to keep my business and I would not hesitate to buy from him again.
    Last edited by conny3737; 06-27-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crappy cell phone pic of my temporary ride.

IMAG1091.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the one thing I have heard especially about the Dodge is that the mpg REALLY suck until you hit over 20K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've heard the same. Right now the truck is saying that it is getting right at 14mpg with 150 miles on the ODO which is more than I was expecting out of the gate. If I end up having to put diesel in the truck before I get mine I'll do mpg calculation by hand.

RubiconAg is offline Chapter Vice President Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks nice, and I'm sure the monotone will look great, too. That should haul the Hummer and the family around with no problems...

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 2011 GMC 3500 4wd Dually that I'm very pleased with aside from the MPG's off the floor. I've taken care of that now though with a Tuner and DPF delete. Getting between 17 and 18 MPGs areund town now...compared to 13 around town before. As far as the warranty concerns go, as soon as you download a tune in a GM truck the warranty is void so doing the DPF delete really doesn't require much more convincing. Driving around at 13MPGs and 8MPGs towing will make you hate your truck. Take it from me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UstabeaRenegade View Post
    Well, the one thing I have heard especially about the Dodge is that the mpg REALLY suck until you hit over 20K.
    I've owned all three diesels, that was never true. The main things that effects the mileage is how fast you drive and wind. Speed is common since but a good head wind will kill mpg in these big trucks. Most people lie about there mileage to justify spending more on a truck.

Just a heads up we just did egr and dpf delete on my friends 2010 dodge. He went from 12 mpg average to 14. He spent around $1500 for everything, not really worth it in my mind. You can buy a crap ton of diesel for 1500$.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you've already made your decission, but I got a 2011 F-250 FX4 Lariat. This thing is a Cadillac with a 400hp 800ft/lb diesel motor in it. The motor is so quite you can hardly tell it's a diesel, and the ride is extremely smooth. AC seats are the best invention ever!! It pulls my rig around without any effort at all. I get about 16mpg normally, and 12 when pulling my rig.

New Truck.jpg
    GoatBuilt Ibex 2 Seat Buggy
    Build Thread - http://www.tx4wd.org/showthread.php?...y-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bar M Get a bigger trailer so I can load my heep up with yours and ride in style!