User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hill Country Offroad Recovery officially underway!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hill Country Offroad Recovery officially underway!!!

I have been meandering the thought of having a recovery business for Hidden Falls Adventure Park and after talking with some representatives I have been able to make a final decision to go forward and start business Officially !
    the Name of the company is Simple "Hill Country Offroad Recovery" I am in the process of setting up a paypal account and can accept money as well as ANY lovely donations!!!
    like me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hill-C...37744396248953
    just a quick run through of my services ...
    parts delivery to the park is cost of part plus 30$ fuel fee

parts delivery to break down site is parts cost plus fuel fee 30$ and entry fee of 30$
    (fuel fee will be waived for all Texas4wd.org members and Texas Jeeps members for break down site delivery)

recovery services are at a rate of 25$ per hour charged on the 1/4 hours with a minimum of 1 hour charge

I will offer some mechanical services as well

and for a fee agreed upon I can deliver a broken down vehicle within 50 miles of Hidden Falls Adventure Park.

This might sound a little steep but if youve EVER been out there and been stuck youd do just about anything to get off the trail fast and safe!
    at the present moment I am still finishing up the ole XJ so services cannot start until March 1st
    thanks again for your support!
    Scott Ivey

2. Likes PondSkum, jgpage2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome! Good luck with your new business adventure!

RubiconAg is offline Chapter Vice President Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hill Country Offroad Recovery officially underway!!!

Sounds like a great service... I assume the park has an annual pass you could buy that would probably pay for itself after 3-4 trips in?

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes they do have a yearly pas at 300 a pop so more than 3-4 seeing as its only 27$ for me to get in! but yes once I get to where I have an annual pass I will remove the entry fees!

RubiconAg is offline Chapter Vice President Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hill Country Offroad Recovery officially underway!!!

I wouldn't remove the entry fee... after 10 trips, that's free money.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

05X4X4 is offline Chapter Safety Officer Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free money is good, because that'll go towards your own breakdowns.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to be a buster but in SoCal your are breaking the biggest off road code there is.

I'd leave my rig sitting & call someone from Pirate4x4 to send the SOS out 1st before I called a wrecker. I cant count the number of people I have helped on the mountain or in Baja refusing to take any money. Just part of the offroad code between brothers of the same love for offroading & keeping trails open. What you do to help a fellow wheeler comes back in KARMA.

I have even invited some into my house in Baja to stay the night until we got them fixed or safe. Or even the strangers that have posted on Pirate4x4 they have a friend stuck at so & so. Once we drove out an hour from my house & spent all night flipping a guy back over & pulling back up the hill 50 yards. The guy paid for our gas & a burger on the way back.

& I haven't been out there yet but if the park charged someone bringing me a part. This webmaster would have a field day running the good name of that park into the ground. Dont mess with a webmaster.

"Let the drama insue"
    Last edited by Dezurfer; 02-19-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    I like Food, Dreams & Whispers.

9. Likes Stouttrout liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as for the entry fee... I will lower it to like 15 bucks or so but as for the recovery assistance... this is tuned towards helping to folks out who get in over there head... or the folks who have more money than sense which out in MY area is VERY abundant! I don't mind helping folks out but Im not spending my whole days that I PAID for to unstick a stranger... if Im wheelin with a group and one of us gets stuck then I help them for free... even if I never met them... but not in my crew or group... im came for memories and good times with my friends and a recovery with friends is still better than a day at the office!
    something else you have to understand is im not totally bending them over like a highway wrecker does... NONE of my fees had 3 digits...

- - - Updated - - -

also... the other thing out here is there are a few clubs of total jerks out there...(I ran into them last time I was stranded) who will steal stuff off your rig while your on foot also at this specific park if your out wheeling after hours... you get fined.. LOTS of money!...
    Deep down if you came up on me and I needed a part... would you cancel the next three hours of your PAID FOR day to run to the store and get it for me just cause... I doubt it!

05X4X4 is offline Chapter Safety Officer Bryan/College Station Chapter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion: you don't have to explain yourself to anyone on this forum, if they don't like what your doing... They don't have to click on this post. You can almost guarantee that unless its your real good buddy, most people arnt going to catch a fine of spend their day that they spent money on helping a total stranger, that's pretty much a cold hard fact.

Bottom line, do what you feel you have to, to put food on the table. good luck with it, I hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

12. Likes XJ4IV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree 05x4x4 thats a really good price a tow truck costs at least 65 dollars to show up to tow you when on the side of the road, i had to have my kenworth towed in cost $600 that was only a 9 mile tow, can't really say anything bout charging people cause it does cost him to get into the park, and gas/diesel isn't cheap, plus your asking him to take time from his family or job, in my opinion you should wheel with another rig and then u would only need to call him in a really sticky situation for recovery
    Live to ride, Ride to live ,That's how I roll

14. Likes XJ4IV liked this post