It's been a REALLY long time since I've posted a build thread on Tx4wd, so I figured I'd throw this one up. Many of you know I got the opportunity to race the King of the Hammers back in 2011, in my rockcrawler-turned-Ultra4 racer. That buggy got the job done, but was way too small to be safe at high speed, and the technology grew so much in my competitors vehicles, that I decided it was time to step up!

I'll be using many of the old parts from my last buggy, along with a few new ones:

6.0 GM LS engine with stuff, approx. 475 hp
TH350 with a TCS billet converter, and stuff
Ford 205 case
Spidertrax 9" up front, F-350 outers, 35 spl., spool
van 9" rear, 35 spl, spool
ADS Shocks - 2.5" 4-tube bypass shocks F/R, 2.125" coil carrier F/R - my new sponsors!!
39" BFGoodrich KRTs
17" Raceline Beadlocks
Sparco seats
Ron Davis Radiator
Jaz 22 gal fuel cell
PSC full hydro steering

Specs:
56" wide chassis (old chassis was 48")
115" wheelbase
18" belly height
18" front suspension travel
25" rear suspension travel
70" roof height at ride height

Here's the old buggy for reference:

And this is the start of Rachael:

First step was to make the Ford 205 the same size as my old Atlas. That way, I can sink the drivers seat as low on top of the transfercase as possible, resulting in more headroom with a lower roof line.

With all parts laid out where I think I wanted them, and axles sitting at full bump, I started the subframe of the chassis. It is built from 1.75x.188" wall DOM, the thick wall on the bottom will resist rock dents better than standard .120".

On to the floor structure, and getting the front suspension links mocked up

Figuring out where the seat is most comfortable, and getting the rear links mocked up

After the first Saturday of working on it