• 10-28-2012
    *The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
    Calendar
    TX4WD Calendar

Purple Santa Toy Drive

October 28th we will have the 2nd annual Toy Drive at Northwest Dodge-Jeep-Chrysler, 19616 Northwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77065. It will include a car show, 4x4 show, Trunk or treat competition, Costume contest for the kid, stuff for the kiddos to do and great raffle prizes. This year is bit different since we are teaming up with a little organization some of you guys may have heard of, The USO. We are very proud of all the work and support the wheeler community has given to these projects. The impact is huge and to have the USO unite with us so that we can reach even more children this year is HUGE. The USO does not team up with everyone and this is very proud moment for us. All the credit is yours.

So here is the deal, collect toys. We will need as many as we can get. Organize a toy drive at work, church, or civic club. All these toys will go to children of our wounded soldiers. This is for the children. One thing I would like to point out, many times these children feel left out. Their mother or Father is in rehabilitation and many times everything is about the soldier. This isn't. This is for them.

Last year, one of our board members was helping Santa distribute toys and a little 7 year old girl came up and told him, "Can you tell Santa thank you for the toys? My mommy said he would not be able to come this year to see me. So, I just wanted him to know I love him." When he told me, it broke my heart. This is a good thing. Time to get motivated and give them a great Xmas.

By the way, you will receive raffle tickets for the amount of toys you bring in. So, get them in. You know Jim always as GREAT prizes.

Flyer: http://northwestdodge.com/Toy%20Driv...er%20Final.pdf

Website Info: http://northwestdodge.com/toydrive

Event Location:

Northwest Dodge
    19616 Northwest Freeway
    Houston Tx. 77065

Date:

Sunday - October 28th, 2012

Time:

10am to 4pm

Northwest Dodge is hosting this event benefiting the Children of Wounded Warriors at Fort Hood. The date for event is October 28th, from 10am to 4pm. The need has never been greater as so many troops remain deployed in harm’s way; both for the soldiers in the field and their families who once again will spend the holidays without their loved ones. For all those that donate to this worthy cause you will receive raffle tickets. Attendees can earn 1 raffle ticket per gift.

For the kids, since Halloween is only 3 days away, come in costume and "TRUNK OR TREAT", (Candy & Prizes will be located in the trunks of Show & Shine participants) and kids in costume will be judged on best costume by age group.

PRIZES:
    Raffle Prizes will include: 3 Large screen flat panel TV’s, multiple I-pods and I-pads, many gift certificates to local restaurants and retail stores, off-road accessories for the numerous off-road clubs that will be participating, along with trophy’s for the top 3 winners in 3 different competing classes and many, many more cool gifts.

Everyone please come for this very worthy & important event. Please invite as many friends/guests that you can. We need all the help & donations possible. If you have a special group, club, church or other organization that would like to help raise money/toys, please by all means; get them on board.
  • User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Purple Santa Toy Drive (Northwest Dodge Jeep - Houston, Tx): 10-28-2012

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I'm in don't know if I'm gonna drag the bronco up there yet but I might
      Live to ride, Ride to live ,That's how I roll

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Dan - sorry i had to give it a maybe im trying to make it but depends on what time we pull out of Marble Falls,

However talking with a co-worker who went to Hidden Falls last weekend - the fastest way is 290 and NW Dodge is right there guys!

4. Likes PondSkum liked this post
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Here's a teaser of the Awards for the car and 4x4 show. Can't wait to see the one I win!

Attached Images Attached Images
      2001 TJ - PondSkum
      Build in progress....

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn." ~ George Santayana

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I just talked to Jim at Northwest Dodge Jeep. He says he has over 150 Raffle prizes, Some really killer trophies and huge prizes for the truck or treat area. Yeehaw!!!! I can't wait. Even the weather is suppose to be PERFECT!!! He said he wanted to encourage the Trunk or Treat and costume contest for the kids so he came up with some really good prizes. Who's in?