User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rear locker road manners

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion would be get the ox, if something breaks it's easy to fix, it's mechanical engagement. No electrical issues or leaking air lines to worry about, you can get a cheap smittybilt air compressor down the road or splurge on a viar set up when you got some cash. Thing about it this as a long term purchase and the maintenance needs of each locker down the road, in the end it's up to you. I would definitly get something selectable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/Produc...rce=DiffWizard

check out the warranty on these!
    I have installed a few and never had one problem,they have redesigned the ARB and fixed a few of the problems. They also sell a comp modal that defaults back to locked instead of the normal unlocked no air.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Just because someone goes fast doesn't mean you should do whatever you think they did.
    This path assumes they knew what they were doing, which isn't necessarily the case. Take this path and you will be guaranteed second place."

Originally Posted by PondSkum
    I'm just a floater.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT. K View Post
    My opinion would be get the ox, if something breaks it's easy to fix, it's mechanical engagement. No electrical issues or leaking air lines to worry about, you can get a cheap smittybilt air compressor down the road or splurge on a viar set up when you got some cash. Thing about it this as a long term purchase and the maintenance needs of each locker down the road, in the end it's up to you. I would definitly get something selectable.
    no disrespect sarge,but I think both ox and arb have the same amount of parts. air compressor and air lines could be a problem on the arb but you could have cable or shifter issues with the ox also. the air problem mite be a burnt/broken air line or just a fitting and the ox cable may get frayed or burnt...to me it's kinda a toss up.
    just my outlook anyway....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Just because someone goes fast doesn't mean you should do whatever you think they did.
    This path assumes they knew what they were doing, which isn't necessarily the case. Take this path and you will be guaranteed second place."

Originally Posted by PondSkum
    I'm just a floater.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed, I lean a bit more toward the ox, if something happened to the cable I think you could manipulate it to lock or unlock if needed. If your air compressor goes out your done. I ponder this question every day, eventually I will get a locker for the front of my heep and am waiting for something new that would solve the issues with all the current set ups on the market without breaking the bank.
    Last edited by SGT. K; 10-17-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OX has a tool you can purchase to keep handy in case of a cable failure, you can manually operate it from the access hole at the diff cover...

I've thought about the air line issue and such, but IMO the air line input on the diff is much better protected from rocks and stuff than the ox cable sticking off the diff cover... So far *knock on wood* I haven't ripped any fuel or brake lines, so I figure if I run the air lines right near those, they should be good to go!

What's the worse that can happen, the air line breaks, locker wont engage, then I'm open in the rear and the trail just got more interesting!! LOL
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn." ~ George Santayana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's called a drive away lock... Screws into the diff where the cable goes, locks in the locker until you remove it...

Like I said, I've been researching... Had plenty of time cuz $1200 doesn't just pop up over night! LOL

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Drivetrain-J...=OXLOX-DAL-001
    2001 TJ - PondSkum
    Build in progress....

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn." ~ George Santayana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pondscum, I just realised that my post earlier kinda made me sound like a dick and it wasn't ment that way I was kidding around sorry bro.
    Driver: 06 TJ X. 31/10.50x15s Black Steelies, Rear tire carrier, 2.5" RC lift, winch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    txjeeper, I wouldn't worry about it, I offend most of tx when I post something up anyway, were disfunctional like that but still 1 big family. oh yea watch your language on the forum we are family friendly, no harshness implied, just come up with other phrases in the future. I cuss as much as the next guy but we do try to keep it some what clean on the forum!
    Last edited by SGT. K; 10-17-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry about that I guess I am just too used to Pirate 4x4 lol.
    Driver: 06 TJ X. 31/10.50x15s Black Steelies, Rear tire carrier, 2.5" RC lift, winch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txjeeper View Post
    pondscum, I just realised that my post earlier kinda made me sound like a dick and it wasn't ment that way I was kidding around sorry bro.
    no prob.. I don't get offended easy... I haven't been offended by Sarge yet, and that's a big accomplishment.. LOL