• 10-07-2012
    *The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
    Calendar
    TX4WD Calendar

Texas off road ranch run!

Sunday, October 7, 2012
    9:00am until 6:00pm in CDT

721 Fm 1696 w Huntsville Tx 77340
    This park was the same one that was tested out in July, go to the "Free for All" post in the "Events" section to see what people had to say about it. Entry fee is $30 per rig for 1 day. Entrance is on 1696, four miles west of hwy 75, across from Roberts road. Stay on that driveway, it is two miles long till you enter past a deer-blind into the property. Keep following another mile or so and you will see the quarry.
  • User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas off road ranch run! (721 Fm 1696 w Huntsville Tx 77340): 10-07-2012

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Aww come on now the log crossing was fun, especially when you ask the kids what is that creaking noise halfway over lol, its good bunny trails for beginners, but was fun for about 4 hours, the lil slough was fun coming out of it but for the price Shiloh is about 5 miles closer to me and has a whole weekend full of trails for the same price, and if you go during an event and you get bored you can always go down to the mud pits and watch the mud boggers tear up their rides, that's always fun!!!
      Live to ride, Ride to live ,That's how I roll

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      i had fun its defiantly not a park that would be fun the entire weekend but for a day it was ok

3. Likes Mudhog1977 liked this post
      Dislikes TEXAS MUDBUS disliked this post
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      They had one good trail worthy of the name tank trap. It literally looked like a back hoe was tearing chunks out of the aide of the hill as it went up. The creek trail was short but had some sippy holes that'd bury 33s after a few good runs. Now they are only just above knee deep. All of the trails are wide and have been blazed by a dozer and most of them are still fresh with debris and junk all over. The playground was fun and offered a few hours of challenges for mild rigs. The entire place is covered in very loose top soil and dusty sand. Id say after a good rain, it'd be a big sloppy mess everywhere. They do have a circle track next to the playground with a loose surface. Id bet there could be some good sideways action with rally cars or long wheelbase low trucks. Because everything was easy and nobody broke anything i give it a fun factor of 6 but bring food and other entertainment if you bore easily. The difficulty overall is probably 3 of 10 but the one tank trap trail and some hill climbs could warrant a 7 in puckered factor.

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Thats coming from a guy on a dirt bike, LOL I did have a blast on the bikes first time Ive been on a dirt bike in 20 years!

- - - Updated - - -

Roland found a new trail and gave it good reviews. The park has much potential guess well have to give it some time and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      We had a blast!!! Kirk showed us some trenches on the back side of the rock hill that were super challenging. Played on the rock hill, and found another area in the woods that had some good rocky obstacles. Also ran the creek trail, and found some crazy obstacle course just right off the main road that kicked our butts. Definitely ran the heck out of the mog and gave it a good shake down run. This was my third visit and every time I go back there have been all kinds of new obstacles to try out. I recommend getting with Kirk or his brother Kelton to show you around....and with all the equipment around there I'm sure there will be a lot more new stuff going in....

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I really have to question some of y'all on how you rate a place. No it's not Hidden Falls,But it is a hell of a lot closer. I wouldn't call the trails "bunny trails", I think it depends on what line you decide to take. You can always take the easy way through a trail. It's comical reading the posts on this thread... Complaining about soil and comparing it to a MUD park 15 min up the road... Were you expecting paved roads for your off road adventure lol?

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Bunny trails are trails with no carnage , wait I did get a flat off a stob in the trail, nothing against the park I don't mind it at all, but I've never been to general sams or hidden falls, although I want to so I really can't compare them, I usually go to Shiloh, its got a lil bit of everything, there were a few things I did like about the place don't get me wrong and I will go back , but I'll bring the yj next time so my wife can get the feel of it, but if they are improving the place I might just load up the bronco

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mudhog1977 View Post
      Bunny trails are trails with no carnage , wait I did get a flat off a stob in the trail, nothing against the park I don't mind it at all, but I've never been to general sams or hidden falls, although I want to so I really can't compare them, I usually go to Shiloh, its got a lil bit of everything, there were a few things I did like about the place don't get me wrong and I will go back , but I'll bring the yj next time so my wife can get the feel of it, but if they are improving the place I might just load up the bronco
      I'm guessing u didn't try the big rock garden?? Or to the left of "hummer hill"? I've seen 39"tires to 46"tires work the hills and they gave them a run for there money those will leave some carnage if that's what ur wanting there are a few other places were u can get carnage but it's to hard to explain ware it is at

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I'm not fussing or anything just expressing my opinion, or preference, and no I didn't try any of those because I have 1200 in my ride including a 400 winch and I don't ride alone , group was gone by the time I got unloaded and wound up following hjp which was mostly stock jeeps, and then rode and hung out with a member of tx4wd for awhile which was pretty cool but before I say anything else I'm going to say that I am proud to be a member of this club, I'm always promoting it, and would do anything for any of ya'll that I can with that being said it really didn't feel like a club and to be honest I felt out of place on my first club run after a few hours of riding alone I loaded up and left, I know shiloh's trails and some of the people there and that's why I prefer it... was trying to be nice and not bring any of this up

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      not knocking the park either just giving my honest opinion on what I saw when I was there, we were only there from 10-3 so I am sure I missed some good spots, definitly need to mark the trails wich I am sure will come with time. I will wait a year and plan another trip but for now BVORR is closer, cheaper, and has better facilities. Mudhog get on the CB when were there, if were not on channel 4, were usually on one of the single digit bands. Don't be shy you just gotta jump in and roll with it, we cooked dogs and made sandwiches for everybody not just for one chapter or group. We roll as a family and lot of us have been around for a while. I don't know if I met you or not but you are always welcome to wheel with us and I think everyone else on here would have the same opinion. Hope to see you out the trails again soon!